HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Prerequisite for haunt workers in Ill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default sooo...... 
    So does the backround check include volunteers or only paid works?
    Thanks Jim.

Peter T
    FS

2. Default for some reason volunteers are presently excluded 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Which boggles my mind. Someone getting paid...well you usually know more about them and know who they are than just a one night volunteer.
    One state guy said something to the effect that the people writing the law think that charity run haunts usually have a bunch of elderly women working in them, and they wouldn't molest anybody....?
    Crimes usually are aided and abetted by people who can't imagine.
    Who ever imagined ramming airliners into tall buildings?

3. Default  
    Working elderly women in a haunted house. Thats funny. I could see alot of these so called actors missing there scare. And having to take alot of bathroom breaks. Ha!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default I helped an elderly work here 
    (I'm not referring to myself)
    I made a small , big -closet room for him, all he had to do was push a few buttons , maybe open the door (or not) and say a few words....he really needed the $.
    Afterwards I am told by my other helpers that this man had a urination problem but solved it by bringing his jar with him and he even kindly offered the use of the filling jar(no place there to dump it!) to most of them.
    "Need to use my jar? Here you go!"
    And that, boys and girls, is why there are sinks with faucets and running water in bathrooms!
    "Touch my jar, be happy and cured! Feel the warmth! Inhale the aroma!"
    "YUK!"

5. Default  
    LOL! Oh my god! Thats hilarious. How bout handing out depends. Sorry guys no bathroom breaks tonight. We have 3 tour buses coming through tonight. Its gonna be non-stop for 5 and a half hours.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

6. Default WE have time to pull down our pants here 
    No need for Depends or massive wet or brown stains , tours have a leader and follower and they usually have opportunitys to get relief. Some just lead from point "A" to pointless "B" all night and groups are spaced.
    I might be the only one who might not get a break, but I manage to take one anyway and have a private bathroom close at hand(butt not in my hand, makes for unpleasant hand shakes)

7. Default Meanwhile, back at the Criminal Backround check.. 
    We have had some helpers seem to have a problem, what it is we don't yet know.
    Maybe it was the checker's on-line system that refused to accept 1234567890 in a street address?
    Maybe their real names are Clyde Barker and Bonnie? Machine Gun Kelly? No permit?

I am still wondering IF the state law actually prohibits an employer from employing someone whose backround check wasn't quite nice enough OR if the purpose of the law is just to shift responsibility over on the employer if you hire them and were supposed to have known their criminal problems?
    Meanwhile we were told some of these backround checks won't be completed for 30 days.
    ???

8. Default  
    It sounds like a good thing to keep weirdos out of your haunted house. Far as actors go. But what about the customers that may be weirdos? Maybe the guy down the street talks about the weirdo around the corner with all the strange things in his yard and attached to his house. Everyone is weird in there own little way. Arent we? Am I weirding you out yet Jim???? Ha ha ha!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

9. Default Them Weirdos!!! Wierdoz!? 
    I saw a guy in town driving a rainbow painted truck, it was impressive!
    We were in conversation, he seemed to have sense of humor, maybe be a creative type, I asked him if he would like to work in my house in October?
    He said yes.
    Then as a disclaimer he added. "I am bi-polar though."
    He couldn't, wouldn't do scarcely a thing I asked of him, no matter how simple , quick or easy that task.
    I still think he was merely clinging to his wacky "pole"... because saying such a thing got him a free check every month.

Thread Information