HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Moving Haunted Overload

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Moving Haunted Overload 
    As some of you may know, just before Transworld I received some devastating news. Through no fault of their own the farm Haunted Overload is located on can no longer host the event. I was bumming because we were just hitting our stride at that location and there were some awesome plans in the works for this year. Anyway, I walked around in a daze for about a day or two trying to figure out what to do this late in the season. I started searching the Internet and found a 120 acre apple orchard just a few miles down the same road. I didn't even know it existed before. I fired off an email proposal and hoped for the best.

To make a long story short we are now full steam ahead moving down the road to one of the creepiest patches of woods I have ever seen. This road in the photos below is only a small part of it. Once we get all our giant props and sets in there the lighting possibilities will be insane. I'm really looking forward to this new location because the haunt will look completely different. I will be able to be very creative in the way we build our sets in these woods and the scare factor will definitely be turned up a few notches in there. There is a clear patch on the outside for the biggest props and queue line to be set up.

Here are a few photos of the very start of the take down and moving of the first hillbilly shed. The old haunt looks like a bomb hit it as it gets dismantled.

My posting may be sporadic this season as I will have my hands full trying to kick some ass on this project. I'll post our progress as much as I can. I'm looking forward to watching Shane's progress as well so I'll try to keep up, lol.

Good luck to everyone this season, it will be tons of work but an awesome and much more scary set up when it's done.

Enjoy,

Eric

2. Default  

3. Default  
    Best of luck with your new location. Nice pics. It was really nice to get to talk to you at Transworld. Keep up the good work.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    Good oppertunity to change things up. Cool that everything is working out and you secured a new location so quick. Keep the pics and updates coming.

5. Default  
    The area in that sixth picture is creepy as is. I think I've seen it in movies. You wouldn't catch me walking through there at night.

6. Default  
    I agee with shawnc... The place looks scary by itself! What a wonderful space to work with! Glad things are working out for you.. Good luck!

7. Default  
    good luck to you.
    you'll be fine, too much talent there not to have it go well.
    Gravely MacCabre
    aka Ricky Dick
    Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
    and
    Midnight Monster Hop
    Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
    www.castleblood.com
    www.midnightmonsterhop.com
    www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
    Lifetime achievement award winner
    International Costumers Guild

8. Default  
    Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason.
    Last year a fellow haunter I considered a friend stole our location out from under us!!
    Losing a 10 year friendship was as hard as losing the location.
    We were forced to scramble and pulled a location at the last minute.
    We ended up doing better than the previous year, several people check on our old location and it looks like they didn't do very well!!!

Karma can be a bitch!!!

Looks like it will be a major pain in the as#, put you will be better off in the end!!!

Better to learn this now instead of in August!!! Hang in there, good luck!!

Rich
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

9. Default Eric 
    It was great to finally meet you at Transworld.
    And If anybody can make this transition gracefully you can!!!!
    Best of luck!
    And KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS!!!!

10. Default  
    Great looking location Eric... You'll "Eric"trify the place and make it look awesome.

Good luck.

Wayne

Thread Information