HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Moving Haunted Overload

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Thanks guys!

When it rains it pours.

I got laid off a few weeks ago which was a major blow because I had to stop on the haunt to look for jobs. I found a temp job for now but it's 2 hours away. They will let me do 4 10 hour days. I have some other irons in the fire, we'll see how it all pans out but the timing sucks because I had all my vacation put in for October at my old job. I don't start until the 15th so that will give me a full week to work on the haunt.

Yesterday we started on a cool bridge to go up a steep embankment. Even though we have a long way to go I am happy with the progress so far. I'll post more pics soon.

Eric

2. Default  
    Eric

keep your head up. Your passion will drive you! You cant change the past but you can change you opinion of it. stay positive and it will all work out!

Dan
    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com

"Where Haunted Thoughts Become Reality"

www.OblivionHauntedHouse.com

3. Default  
    Mind if I ask what you you agreed to pay the apple orchard owner and what the zoning was to allow for the haunt? Looking into such a venue myself.
    Have a spooky day!

Alex

Alex Shead
    Owner/Producer
    Spooky Shead Productions
    T: 770-995-6285
    T: 866-348-ALEX
    [url]www.terrorinthesquare.com

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. Default  
    That's bad ass!

5. Default that's like asking how much do 
    THE MISFITS charge for a gig at Buffalo's HOUSE OF HORRORS haunted attraction on Halloween night. Good Luck getting an answer on that one. THE Crimson Ghost..... LIVE !!!!

6. Default  
    My truck's getting a real workout this year, lol! I don't have any photos of the bridge yet but here is the truck full of some of the supplies.

Here are some pressure treated 6x6 beams for the start of the main facade. They are heavy as hell.

Also, this is cool. My actors are all crazy, lol! 2 more got a variation of the Haunted Overload tattoo for a total of 4 so far. More are saving money to get them. Soon I will have to get that design just to fit in, lol!

Enjoy,

Eric

Kyle's

James's
    Last edited by elowther; 06-06-2010 at 06:41 PM.

7. Default  
    Stay positive Eric. It looks like you have alot of good help! Maybe they can take up the slack for you some with the new job and long drive and all. Best of luck! And take care.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

8. Default  
    Thanks Damon!

I'm heading to the farm right now. I sent you a pm and my email so we can talk about your project over the phone. It sounds cool and I have an idea how to do it cheap.

Eric

9. Default  
    Here are a few more photos of the progress.

Bridge to the woods. Not finished but a good start. Will have railings made from trees and I'll distress the poles to make them look old.

They go through the first shed and up the ramp to the woods. We will make some sort of scare under the bridge.

View from the back of one section.

10. Default  
    Cool thanks Eric! I've been really busy and havent had too much good luck lately. I dont really talk about it on here. But anyway. I appreciate you wanting to take the time to help me and I will give you a call when things are a little less hecktic. Great pics by the way. It really looks like your haunt is gonna be better than ever. I can imagine your customers walking through this at night scared to death.
    Take care,
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Thread Information