HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Moving Haunted Overload

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Default  

2. Default  

3. Default  
    Working on the new mine shaft.

Start of a lighted face structure people will walk through.

I thought the HHA flyer came out much better than my first one so I revamped it to include the new crooked shed and better colors. Posting photos is starting to get harder with working 2 hours away and crunch time approaching. I will post less and less on this thread until after the season.

Enjoy for now.

Eric

Last edited by elowther; 07-13-2010 at 09:00 PM.

4. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Good God man!, Heavy earth moving equipment, you don't doing any thing small do you?lol.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

5. Default  
    Eric,

I grew up outside of Manchester NH, in New Boston and I am so disappointed that I dont live there now. Wisconsin is a long way to drive for a haunt, but I just might have to pull the trigger and make a road trip one of these years! this is amazing! You are defiantly one to aspire to!
    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com

"Where Haunted Thoughts Become Reality"

www.OblivionHauntedHouse.com

6. Default  
    When Eric said Haunted Overload he meant Haunted Overload! I cant believe some of the stuff they do! Eric dont kill yourself. Literally I am being sincere here. Some of this could actually kill you if something went wrong. Not saying it will but anything is possible. Just wondering how deep you are burying those trees? How deep do you have to put them so they dont come down. And if it rains is there a chance the soil can shift or erode and make them fall. This is all new to me? Would it be any easier to just take a tree. Remove all branches ect.? I guess not depending on how tall it is. Its just really all amazing!
    Keep up the great work!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

7. Default  
    I'm not even in the same zip code of experience with Eric, I mean that literally, not sarcastically; but I'm like Damon and start thinking of rain and all these worste case scenarios with the logs shifting.

From post #71 second photo down through the fourth, it looks like that log is nearly 50% under grade. I was going to say that the minimum I'd be comfortable with was 40% of total length under grade. That may be different logs in #71 not a progression of one, I can barely see a bifurcation at the top cut but the close up looks less straight than the full length shot in photo number two.

When I was a kid we got a guy with a wrecker to help us sink some medium sized telephone poles, about 16" diameter, for a makeshift basketball court on a farm. We put the post for the goal in a single large back of quickcrete and the one for a mounted light in a dry hole.

Over time, the one in the dry hole began to have some sway from erosion but even after years, it had only eroded to a little larger than the original hole and still wasn't really leaning. The shear weight of these may help it seat in the hole, or may make it more likely to rip the hole after erosion, I can't guess.

It also looked like the back hoe was tamping around the logs, that goes a farther than one may think toward solidifying that grade. I trust Eric's formula, just enjoy this type of construction myself and speculating. More great scenes, keep the posts coming!!

8. Default  
    Thank you for the comments and interest in this thread. Yeah, the name kind of says it all about the overload part. It's an overload of work that's for sure, lol!

The trees aren't going anywhere, trust me. The excavator tamps the ground like nothing you have ever seen. These are actually stronger than living trees because they are in the ground much deeper and don't have branches or leaves to catch the wind like a sail. All the ones at the old location are going on their 4th year with no signs of failure. In a few years they will be cut down and something else built or put in their place. Therefore, they will not be in the ground long enough to rot.

Here are a few bonus photos.

Sketch of some stick monster heads.

One of the the heads starting to take shape. Just chicken wire and Great Stuff. It will be much more detailed when finished.

Stick monster fingers and the start of a vampire head in the background. I doubt I'll finish the vampire this year because of the move and all the new buildings this season.

Some articulated fingers for new pumpkin monsters. They will be about 14 to 16 feet tall.

It will be another scorcher of a weekend and we will be out there building like crazy. I'll try to post when I can. Enjoy,

Eric
    Last edited by elowther; 07-14-2010 at 08:26 PM.

9. Default  
    I love checking the progress of this thread, keep up the great work Eric.

10. Default  
    Thanks for the pics and updates! Your haunt is my inspiration!

Thread Information