HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Whacky Shack Dark Ride

1. Default Whacky Shack Dark Ride 
    The Whacky Shack Dark ride at Waldameer Park, Erie, PA turns 40 this year! Built by Dark Ride pioneer, Bill Tracy, this is the last Whacky Shack dark ride that is still operating. To celebrate this very special milestone, DAFE (www.dafe.org) is having a birthday party at the park on May 22. You'll get exclusive ride time as well as a lights-on tour of this classic Dark Ride! You can find more info at the DAFE website! Hope to see you there!! Hope to see you there!

2. Default  
    Awww... I luvs those old Dark Rides!!
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

3. Default  
    There is a sweet spot inside me for all dark rides especially Bill Tracy's classic stuff.

I loved his take on the 'House Of Seven Gables' at Canobie Lake Park in Salem NH when I was growing up.

Unfortunately , they have since turned the building it was housed in into a gift shop & game parlor

Tom

4. Default  
    i wonder if he created the phantazmagoria at the now defunct bells amusement park in tulsa oklahoma that was a cool dark ride for sure truly missed

5. Default bells amusement park 
    here is a whole history of that ride http://www.laffinthedark.com/article...tasmagoria.htm

6. Default  
    man this is really cool check it out the link

7. Default  
    Yeah,

Laffinthedark.com has lots of info, pics & articles on all the dark rides in the U.S.
    Operating or defunct.

I go to their site on a regular basis. Great stuff for dark ride fans!

Tom

www.HauntedOverload.com

Thread Information