HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: How many minutes should a haunted house last?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10-15

22 11.52%
  • 15-20

50 26.18%
  • 20-30

75 39.27%
  • 30-40

32 16.75%
  • 40-50

12 6.28%

Thread: How many minutes should a haunted house last?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Ours was taking about 20 minutes last year but as always we are increasing by at least another 10 minutes. Because we use a tag-team approach we can make as long as we want and don't ahve to worry about holding other's up. If there are delays it becomes part of the show. Wouldn't be a normal night if I didn't resort to magic slight of hand tricks to entertain a waiting crowd.

2. Default Give the customer a good value... 
    The Haunts we have visited last varying amounts of time. If it is close to ten minutes, I don't feel the customer is getting what they came for. Our haunt is about 20-25 minutes if the customers don't rush or run. We try to pace the crowd with several points in the house designed to do that.

Our goal is to get it over thirty minutes.
    We also have the luxury of being able to grow every year. Our building was so big when we started that we only used one side of the main hallway.

This will be the ninth year we have expanded the haunt by at least one, usually two rooms or hallways. We still have three more years before we need to redesign some of the big/huge rooms into smaller rooms. That will give us a few more years of being able to advertise "more rooms added".

Now, the longest we were ever in a haunt is two hours, forty-five minutes. I don't know how he does it, but that Warfield guy holds the record with us.
    Congrats to the Raven's Grin Inn !!!! We have been there three times and enjoyed it each time tremendously.

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Yes, two hours and fourty-five minutes does happen here sometimes.
    How does this happen? Well, obviously we were ALL having alot of FUN! (Myself included!)
    It wouldn't have run that long otherwise.
    Sort of like marathon-sekz both parties have to be enjoying it or it just won't be happening.

4. Default  
    Forget Erebus being in the Guinness Book of World Records. I think that time for a haunted house tour would probably set the record. Where was the 3hr choice on this poll???!
    LOL!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

5. Default  
    I always like it too when at the end of the tour, 90 minutes or more, the customers remark about how time and it's passage eluded their whole feeling of time and they express surprise at 90 minutes (or more) having just passed by.
    This tells me I am successful, they have been entertained!

6. Default How many minutes should a haunted house last? Reply to Thread 
    How long should a haunted house last ? that will depend on the size of the haunt the amount of things going on in the haunt. a big factor is the person themselves..

7. Default  
    I think Tyler made a great analogy. A great roller coster does feel like it only last a few seconds but that is because your were screaming and yelling the entire ride because it was awesome which is the same as any great haunt out there. Keep em' screaming and it doesn't matter because if they had fun they will just want to "ride the ride" over and over again.

8. Default Which Part Of The Customer's Mind? 
    Are you attempting to reach might also decide the time factor.
    Which part does the memory reside ?
    Do you need them to remember your efforts? Some don't if they are moving the haunt every year and/or changing it's name.
    I know I have effected a great many so much that they actively help maintain my business through their enthusiasm and odd memories that were created here.
    I think the most sought out such haunt memories wil always be those shared with others , the friends, relatives who made that unbefore never heard incredible terrific scream or super-hero quick physical motion unnecessary previously.
    Some deeper memories do seem to require some brewing and stewing and the opportunity to ponder and actually "think" to install that "program".
    Maybe a mix of the primal quick messages along with the ones that usually take more time will be the perfect recipe?
    This last weekend we had so many wonderfull and nice patrons here!
    I had alot of fun as I invented many new little wacky things to do and say in the front room.. I even might be able to recall some of them for next time!?
    So it grows.......

9. Default  
    I picked the 40-50 minute option because of bias! Simple as that.

I cant get enough of a haunted house, so i'd want them to last as long as possible! lol

10. Default Little kids have a time limit 
    I have noticed. Doing absolutley Everything possible to distract, amuse , console and entertain a smaller kid in a haunt setting sees success but then the child's energy to apease the adults runs out and the fear creeps back, as if it just requires too much energy for them to maintain the adult -sought calm when in odd surroundings.
    "Whaaa! Time to leave!"
    (And they seemed So brave too!)

Thread Information