HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: How many minutes should a haunted house last?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10-15

22 11.64%
  • 15-20

49 25.93%
  • 20-30

75 39.68%
  • 30-40

32 16.93%
  • 40-50

11 5.82%

Thread: How many minutes should a haunted house last?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default How many minutes should a haunted house last? 
    I know yourall probably going to say, depends on the size of the haunt. But I was thinking maybe a generall idea / ballpark figure. Or maybe a better poll would be what do you think is the average size haunt.?

2. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    I put down 10 to 15 as thats about how long our home haunt takes but, I think it would depend on the haunt and how much you are charging. The more money you want the longer and better the show better be.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

3. Default  
    My favorite line when asked "How long does it take to go through?"
    In a dead pan serious look I say "How fast can you run?"
    http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
    Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
    When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
    If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

4. Default  
    If a haunt is picked just right, shipped frozen and delivered in refrigerator trucks it should last about a week. They tend to have less aroma this way so I would recomment haunted spray on smell once they are put one display.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

5. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "How long will this last?"
    "The effects are residual, they last a lifetime!
    You will never forget it!"
    Tours here take about 90 minutes but don't think a thing about this one way or another because.....b-caws..........B-KAWZ......i'm krazie!

"A 90 minute tour!!?"
    "Ever had a meal that was SO GOOD you just wanted to savor it as long as you possibly could? Sort of a similair thing here. I'm mentally "chewing " and savoring the fun we are all having here, so why cut it short?"

If everybody that called shows up here tonight it will be worth all the snow-work I did today. We had 15 people late this afternoon for a Hide& Seek party, it was fun! They had fun too!
    Maybe business picked up because of the 18 degree heat-wave?

6. Default Re: How many minutes should a haunted house last? 
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightMare
    I know yourall probably going to say, depends on the size of the haunt. But I was thinking maybe a generall idea / ballpark figure. Or maybe a better poll would be what do you think is the average size haunt.?
    You also forgot to factor in, the quality of the show. The quality of the show can supercede how long it is because if it's great, time is not of the essence. For example, if you're watching a movie for the first time on DVD and the movie is GREAT! Before you know it, the movie is over to your surprise...why? Because it was great and time didn't matter.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedog
    My favorite line when asked "How long does it take to go through?"
    In a dead pan serious look I say "How fast can you run?"
    lol - how true is that saying. lol

8. Default  
    I think he's talking factual... how long is/should your haunt? Yeah, a 20 minute haunt me only seem like 5 when it's AWESOME! But that 20 minute haunt may seem like an hour if it's horrible.

It's like riding a roller coaster, the actual time of a coaster may be 2-3 minutes... but once it's over it feels like 10-15 seconds! -Tyler

9. Default  
    40-50 minutes!!!!!!! I wish mine lasted 20
    Slash

*PM me if you have any questions*

-If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
    -Don't drink the water in Mexico.
    -America: Love it or Leave it
    -In God We Trust, All Others Are Run Through NCIC
    -Gun Control: Use Two Hands

10. Default  
    If I'm a theatrical styled Haunt w/ 5k sq.feet - I can keep you for 45 minutes to an hour.

If I'm a classic haunt - you could be done in 7 minutes. :roll:

How much do you charge for your haunt and how long does it last might be a better question... how much bang am I getting for my buck?

One of ours probably takes 20-30 minutes and yet we have another that can go from 7 minutes to 15 minutes (How fast can you run?) as put by Joe Dog.

Thread Information