HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Survey Question:Ever been scared?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Yeah, I actually hadn't been acting or working a haunt for more than a couple of days when I realized that very little actually gets me spooked. A lot of that is because when going through any maze I look for what *I* would do to scare someone. lol. It's the stuff that even I don't expect that do get me and rarely do they do much more than make me startle a little or jump a little. lol.

2. Default Getting scared??? 
    When I used to be the GM at Night of Fright the actors would try to scare me..... It never worked because I always knew they were gunnin for me. Never had the customers scare me either... But when I was working alone painting a room one particular evening I started hearing things. I'm all alone and there was intermittent noises coming for the very next room. I grabbed my 6d cell mag light , ready to clock someone over the head....and went on a search to see who the hell was "F"ing with me. I found no one....needles to say I locked up and called it a night. It just unnerved me to an extent that I could not shake the feeling of being watched!

Now on the other hand the dude that owned the place...well I probably made him jump out of his skin some where around 159 times in about 6 or 7 years. Mostly by accident and because out of habit I would walk into a room with stealth.
    Dave B

3. Default  
    Dave B, you used to GM at Night of Fright? I used to stop there all the time when I would visit Kings Island.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

4. Default "scrymnstr." 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Did you think the noises from the other room were being made by people or ghosts?
    Would one of these possibilitys frighten you more than the other?
    Or maybe just that lingering doubt did it? The curse of not knowing..and never finding out?
    Could it have been that owner you scared 159 times? It could be his perfect revenge,dis allowing you to never find out the truth via his absence that night.
    I used to do a very simple thing here that scared most people, but I would always tell them before the tour was over that I had done it. I didn't want anyone to think they had an actual supernatural experience if it was just something of my doing.
    Recently a customer was up close to me speaking in hushed tones about "something" that some of them had just "experienced" here! I quickly told him, "I made it happen." I guess he didn't happen to just look up and see the steel cable that opened the door for them...that I was pulling on the end of...25 feet away, around the corner,,waiting for them.
    Yessir! Nothing but "High-Tech" found here!

5. Default  
    @ Jim... At first I thought it was a person or an animal, but when I could find nothing... well , I along with many others believe the place had something paranormal about it. As far as it being the bossman, could not have been.....He was in Florida at the time.

@ BruiseMuse... Yes , I was an actor from 1994 thru 1997 and General Manager 1998 thru 2000. I was the big bald guy with the long goatee ...lol.

6. Default I Have Experienced.. 
    Very big sounds eminating from very small critters or even insects. Those noises are louder during the stillness of late hours too.
    Tree frogs, chicadas, top the list, time for a tour12:44 they are here now!

7. Default  
    Well I never found out what it ended up being. It could have been "nothing" but at the time it sure seemed like" something"

8. Default hairs stood up. 
    Working on haunted trail through corn field before opening one night. Came across the machete stuck blade down in trail where I swear I did not leave it. hairs stood up on back of neck.

Many nights at grain bins (not in haunt area) I get same feeling. Many years ago Ethiopia was on news day after day for famine they were going through. In a dream I opened my grain bins feeding thousands who set up rag tag camps in my fields. One boy helped me distribute the food to those who could not walk any longer. Fianaly he was through helping others and came back to wheat bin for his turn to eat. The bin auger ran empty then. He smiled at me; fell into my arms; died of starvation in my arms. Only time I have ever woken up screaming. Every now and then I get a cold feeling at bins and the hairs stand up on back of my neck again..

9. Default Archtypal Images? 
    Memories inherited from our ancestors? via DNA.
    I have had feelings of unease when standing close to large rusty metal water tanks. Besides the real possibility of them bursting and drowning me (not really that real) maybe my inherited ancient "memories" see these objects as some large animal that would do significant bodily harm to me?

10. Default  
    First night, a newbie got me. Slightly embarassed about it actually. He is gunna do great this season. I came around a corner making sure everyone was OK(roving) and checking if anyone needed a bathroom break. He leapt in. He was standing on one of the trash cans around the corner.
    Sadly I had to tell him that was a nono because a broken leg/ankle or sprained is no bueno. But he got me pretty good.

Thread Information