HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Blowing my head off

Hybrid View

1. Default Blowing my head off 
    So here is what i am trying to achieve. I have a blood cannon and would like it to go off when i put the shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger. So my question is what would the best way to trigger it be? I would like to do this with the trigger of the gun. I did not buy any switch/trigger yet nor a shotgun cause i was hoping some could lead me in a direction that doesn't have me heading to radio shack every hour

SM
    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com

"Where Haunted Thoughts Become Reality"

www.OblivionHauntedHouse.com

2. Default  
    I think the simplest way would be a pressure mat. Just tap it with the heal of your foot when you pull the trigger. People will be focused on you and not your foot and there wont be any wires attached to your shotgun
    Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

3. Default  
    Yup. Agreed w/ Mike. It would be very easy to make the shotgun funky-looking if you modify it, and that would do more to hurt the effect than the perfect sync would add to the effect. Plus, simpler is better!

4. Default Brothers Rich 
    Talk to Jake and Ben at Brothers Rich

http://www.thebrothersrichfx.com

They have a simple way to tackle the task.... its a blood cannon...

You may or may be interested - check them out...
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

5. Default Here's a contact for you 
    Call Tim May at Dead Acres - Haunted Hoochie he has done this

6. Default  
    We had a suicide scene for two seasons, just retired it for this year. We found there were too many accidental firings with the actor getting into his chair with the pressure mat... ended up going with just a little momentary push button on the arm of the chair.. you can program the controller with a delay so the actor can push the button before he actually grabs the fun... our actor mastered the timing really quickly.

Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Thread Information