HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Any suggestions to make lighting easier?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Not only are those excellent lights, but your photographer knows what he or she is doing. Those are excellent exposures. So glad someone can use the lighting like yourself and someone can capture the beauty of it like the photographer.

2. Default  
    Thanks for the compliments guys...but this is about lighting! hahaha... Like I said, we LOVE Darklights LED's and we'll be stopping by their booth for sure! -Tyler

PS: Those pics are straight out of the camera...the only "editing" they went through was putting in the logo. Thanks BTW, I was the photographer.

3. Default  
    Lol, I am the same way with my photographs when it comes to lighting. Exposure is the only trick to success on a DSLR. =) Great Shots.

4. Default  
    Tyler and Thrill,

Ive got some darklight samples on order.

Specifically, do you find that the majority of the time you need to use the Precision Y or Precision Z if you want to get a good amount of light on a surface when the light is mounted 8 to 10' away? Do these lights work well from 8 or 10' from the surface?
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

5. Default Darklight recommendations 
    Quote Originally Posted by shawng View Post
    Tyler and Thrill,

Ive got some darklight samples on order.

Specifically, do you find that the majority of the time you need to use the Precision Y or Precision Z if you want to get a good amount of light on a surface when the light is mounted 8 to 10' away? Do these lights work well from 8 or 10' from the surface?
    I find that for haunted house applications (where it's pitch black w/o the LEDs), Y's will give you a nice glow w/o saturating your scene with color at 8-10', you may even use 2 of them to get a stronger color. The Precision Z will REALLY make something pop out because it is VERY bright. It's like having a colored flash light --- you can use it to divert people's attention to a single object in the room. I used Z's sparingly in my own haunt (we have relatively small rooms), usually on facades or outdoors, where there are other light sources that may otherwise drown out smaller lights. One thing to note about Precision Z is the UV version, this one works well indoors for fluorescent / glow paint.

For this year, we have a few other options for wash lighting... the Precision Z used to be only a focused 15 degree spotlight, this year we'll have a wash lens available (it'll be like a more powerful Y), and we also have a "line" lens... which will project a beam that's shaped like a line instead of a circle (perfect or signs, pillars, or other tall or wide props), these are all options for painting your scene differently. If you'll be stopping by Transworld, I'd be happy to show you all the options we have. We also have a much bigger darkroom at the show this year, so you'll get a better idea of how each light works.

I know photos may look different from real life but here are some reference photos for our lights at different distances on a solid white wall: http://www.darklightsystem.com/pages...ce-Images.html You'll see the different spreads for each of the models and how much it saturates the camera.

Maybe Tyler can add more to this from his experience...

The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

6. Default  
    Thanks for the input. I certainly hope Tyler can chime in and add something.

What I REALLY appreciate is that although your products are a bit more expensive than the competitors, you have done the demonstration work for each product to show the output at different distances a way. So you know what to expect before you get them. I got my first samples from mini spotlight last week and i thought it was a joke. Tiny little barrels with single LED's, what is this going to light up from 6' away? I like the idea of high powered LED wash lighting we need more of these type of products.
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

7. Default Thrill.. 
    Thrill,

I see on your description for PZ light that it has a "concentrated or diffused beam" option, 15 deg or 120 deg. How do you select this? Does it come with a diffuser? Or is it a different part number? The website doesnt make it obvious enough.
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

8. Default  
    Thrill,

I see on your description for PZ light that it has a "concentrated or diffused beam" option, 15 deg or 120 deg. How do you select this? Does it come with a diffuser? Or is it a different part number? The website doesnt make it obvious enough.
    Thanks for pointing that out Shawn, the other lens options are different part numbers that will also be released for this coming season, we're working to get all the products up to date on the website this week and I had forgetting about this detail. I will add the option in the next few hours =)

9. Default  
    Thrill,

Shawn, I fixed that part of the website... in the future, you'll be able to select the different lens option on the page for Precision Z. Once I have those in stock, I'll update the page with more reference photos. Cheers.

- Quan

Thread Information