HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Sceance DVD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Sceance DVD 
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    I'm sure you've all seen the Big ScreamTV videos that can be projected onto plexi to give the crystal ball illusion. I'm looking for a similar DVD, only with much scarier characters. I don't have the technical expertise or equipment to create my own. I keep thinking that someone is going to introduce such a product and I believe it would be really well received in the haunted attraction community. Does anyone know of anything like this or want to give us a quote on developing something like this for us? The effect we're going for is something similar to Madame Leota from the Disney Haunted Mansion. Thanks for any assistance or direction!

Kel

2. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Kel, your so right about those Big scream TV videos, they are not very scary. I would love to have a video gag like that but a lot more frighting, I know Larry does cgi in his haunted house maybe he could make something up and add it to his online store?
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

3. Default  
    Hey Kel

Give me with more details of what your looking for.
    Maybe I can put some together.

You can PM if you like.
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

4. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Hey Gary, I hope you got my reply to your PM. I was also remembering that, I believe it was Scare Factory, or someone else at TW last year had a sceance table with an animated head in a crystal ball. I've been trying to go to the Scare Factory web site, but it appears to be down. Anyone remember the product I'm talking about? It may have even come with a floating table??? Thanks!

Kel

5. Default  
    If we are thinking of the same floating table...that was an actual prop head in the ball. It was just a pneumatic deal, no cgi. SomethingsInTheIce is right, however. Larry does do some cgi in The Darkness and he might be able to direct you to someone who could help you develop something. Good luck.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

6. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Thanks Kip and SITI! I did also shoot an email to Larry. I have a feeling he's as crazy busy as I am and it may be too late in the season to hope he can come up with something this year. Then again, maybe he'll save the day! :wink:

Kel

7. Default  
    I agree guyz!

That Big Scream TV wuz a great concept but the videoz they made were so lame & cutzie crappy. Not for a real haunt.
    I imported some of them into my video editing program and did a new voice over and that can kinda work but you get the Godzilla moovee effect of the lipz not matching the sound.
    Making yur own from scratch would be kinda hard. You need total black masking around the object & that can be tough. Takes more space than I have here. The black background needs to be set back from the subject so as not to get lit by yur scene lightz.
    If I had a studio I would try to make some.
    Good luck!

8. Default  
    Hey Kel

I did get your first PM
    But I did not get a reply to the PM I sent you.
    Wasn't sure if you got my reply so I sent it again
    through your website.

You can email me at Gary@midnightevil.com
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

9. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Lame, Cutesie and Crappy?"
    "Not for a real haunt?"
    Wouldn't a "Real Haunt" be a house that's really haunted by spirits of the dead? The trully dead? The trully unpredictable dead?
    I have found that is very difficult to count upon those really dead guys to put on a performance when I want them too (after the customers have all paid for their tickets)
    Better not find any polka-dot rooms or masks or strobe lights in a "Real Haunted House, I guess? hahahah!
    "Lame, Cutesie and Crappy" might just be made for use in a haunt set up for small children, and it might be scary to them?
    Wanna see real "Scary"? See a small child who wants to inflict physical, bodilly and possibly fatal harm upon another human being for little or no reason, there is a very terrifying creature in my opinion, I have seen one of these in my house and it was very unsettling.
    Maybe this boy had had alittle too much "Scary" halloween stuff and it made him numb enough to do-in someone?
    Very Scary!

10. Default  
    OK Jim...
    You know what I mean. You're right, theeze would be great for a kiddie haunt but most of the haunterz here are talkin bout a real, adult haunt.
    You ever seen thoze DVDz? I'll try to post some to my video host & post a link for ya. Then you'll see some real cheeeezzzeeee bro.

Thread Information