HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Floor Plans

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Floor Plans 
    Does anyone have any sample (or old) floor plans they would be willing to share. I would love to get a sense for how detailed your written plans are before you actually build.

2. Default  
    I do some digging around and see if I have anything that I kept from the last few years.

3. Default  
    Here are some, without text though.
    http://tinyurl.com/2qcr94
    It's a mix of Rose Red and the game Clue....sorta, kinda. You'll get the idea I think.

4. Default  
    what are some good tips when it comes to writing out a floor plan?

how do you go about figuring out how much lumber/materials (fencing, vacuforms, ect.) you'll need for you haunt?

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman
    Here are some, without text though.
    http://tinyurl.com/2qcr94
    It's a mix of Rose Red and the game Clue....sorta, kinda. You'll get the idea I think.
    Ironman,
    Rose Red is probably the BEST mini-series ever. Are there any pics of the finished Haunt?
    -PH

6. Default  
    Best thing to keep in mind is laying it out to where each actor gets 2 or more scares. Everyone preaches it, and we thrive to get up to 4 or 5 scares on slow nights from some of our actors.

I get the building measurements, room ideas, and then I lay it out. Add the walls and keeping in mind security, actor access and cut backs to allow multiple scares.

I guess I never really thought how I did it, I just do it... :twisted:

7. Default  
    Not yet, this is the plan for this year, and I am presently building the props for the various rooms. If all goes as planned, I will start setting up the walls late next month. Our city building department and fire marshal have already given thier approval, so we are ansty to get started. Doing the Rose Red concept, where the house is the main character, has been a dream of ours for years, and because of that, we have been collecting some of the static furniture and detail pieces for quite some time. But then quite a few of the furnishings come alive, so those had to be built first. Since we do a rather theatrical interactive style haunt, we have always tried to build with as much detail as we can, but this will be our most ambitious plan to date and we're really looking forward to it.

8. Default  
    Ironman,

Are you going to have it done for Ironstock this year so we can all see it?
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

9. Default  
    Hey Brian,
    Unfortunately, probably not this year. When we opened the house for tours last year, even though it was a lot of fun turning other haunters loose through to check it out, we really had to bust butt to re-fit with a different floor plan for the upcoming season. This year we will be about mid-way through the build out, so I just don't see it happening. I seem to be getting older every day, and I find that just about everything takes a little more time than it used to. But our plan is to keep this same basic design for at least two seasons, something we've never done before, and simply make upgrades and improvements. So maybe we can do this for '08. Providing they are not already built into the house, I will have a few of the new animations for this haunt at Ironstock to display.

10. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    And, of course when you make old furniture "Come Alive" the first order of business is to hide a steel frame under and behind it so it can keep coming alive numerous times without destroying itself quickly, but most of us probably already practise this. Experience is a good teacher.
    (Then you attach your heavy-duty hinges and pnuematics to the steel frame)
    Welding is nice.

Thread Information