HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Floor Plans

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default  
    Steve,

the rule of thumb, at least for me, is four feet or just shy of that. I do this for several reasons. One is that it keeps the Fire Marshall happy. The other is that not everyone is of average size. Let's face it, in our small industry alone, there are quite a few of us who are of large frame -- I am one of them. I therefore like to make sure there is enough room for everyone to pass without feeling singled out.

At Transworld's Fronzen Tundra Tour, I toured one haunt that had two sections that were so tight, I had to walk sideways. When I yelled out to the crew member giving us the tour that I was a Big Mamma and would I be able to squeeze through, he told me while I was in the midst of the tiny section that they also have a wheelchair route to get around that spot. Well, that's just it, you see. I'm not disabled, so why should I be forced to seperate myself from my group and take a wheelchair exit? In my opinion, there are other ways of making customers feel uncomfortable.

Good Luck with your first season, Steve!

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    In one very narrow passageway(that there is another way around) some people would ask loudly, "How does a BIG person make it through here?"
    Upon hearing their cue one of my larger helpers in October says, "Like this!" as they run with both arms straight above their heads and pass through very quickly! (Very funny to watch!)
    Those 90 degree corners create anticipation and opportunitys to scare.
    I like the right side of people coming to such a spot since most people are right -handed and to punch me would then require an aukward across the body , foreshoertened swing of their left fist.

Thread Information