HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Haunted House Accent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I think one of the main reasons the redneck accent is so used especially here in the south is there is already the fear and sterotype so we just play it up. and in some haunts that accent is not fake. Personally I have always been fond of the Russian or eatern europe accent. But an accent should fit the character if it does not then do not use it. I mean how wierd would it be for a guy dressed up as a redneck hillbilly to open up his mouth and sound like one of the cast members from Jeresy shore.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

2. Default  
    I did a Southern accent because I was in the corn maze with a western/ghost town theme. I played up the hillbilly butcher kinda vibe and it worked.

3. Default  
    Now that you mention it, I do a redneck voice too, but it's probably because I live among them every day. Pehaps this season I will do SomethinG where I STreSS all of the harD ConSonanT SounDS in a sharP suCCinCT mannor.

Hmmmm.... Gears are turning.

4. Default Russian nurses 
    Freak n stein,
    Thank you for the kind words and honorable mention about our Russian nurses. using the accent gave our asylum an edgy feel that alot of patrons commented about.
    Its a great tool we used that set us apart from other haunts. We even expanded it into the haunt to let not only our nurses speak Russian but also our actors.
    It changes the tone of the whole haunt and gives it that little extra difference that some are looking for.
    It worked for us, give it a try.
    Greg
    Fearfest

5. Default  
    German and russian are my two favorite to use. i usually kind of make my own accent depending on the character. also swapping accents mid sentence seems to keep patrons wondering whats happening.

6. Default  
    Keep in mind who you're casting for the part. If someone in your haunt has just moved from Brooklyn, you might not want them doing a heavy speaking part as a redneck...

7. Default  
    Well, I'm a clown, so I tend to use the classic clown voice and laugh. It works well. hahaha
    Don't throw a baby at anything. Even a Burgalar

8. Default One Summer Night.. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A drunken male customer here with two sober young women was using a very convincing English accent..("HMM?" how does this work?)
    I had alot of fun with him when he said he was from" MANNNN-Chester!"
    I told him that I was from "Woman-Chester!"

9. Default  
    That's funny.

We had more than a few groups of exchange students from various nations. I particularly enjoyed the French speaking crew since I was able to yell "I will kill and eat you!" in French.

The looks on the kids' faces was priceless.

Thread Information