HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Creep Acres Build Thread 2010

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    #8, it actually might be a couple feet bigger, but still, it and all the other rooms would be too small to actually create a 'scene' in.

2. Question Scene Eight 
    Quote Originally Posted by scarygoat View Post
    #8, it actually might be a couple feet bigger, but still, it and all the other rooms would be too small to actually create a 'scene' in.
    That's actually in a redneck street, joined with scene six and separated by a see through barrier. It should be large enough with the two joined together. Plus it doesn't need a lot of props. It should be creepy enough by itself.
    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

3. Default  
    If you are not having any props in your scenes, then maybe they will be big enough.... but you gotta trust us on the hallway thing. They really should be wider than 2ft.

4. Default And so it begins... 
    Yesterday I started working on the table for the first room. It will be painted black and eventually have a prop mounted on it.

I couldn't really get much else done because of wasps infesting my storage area-

Last night I went out back and used up an entire can of Raid. Finally I pulled away the tarp and JACKPOT!!!!!

Today I'm going to sort out the two by threes and try to build a few 4' by 7' pannells! I'll post tonight with progress pics! Happy Haunting!

5. Talking First Few Pannels 
    Yesterday I got up and spent the day working on the haunt. First I had to sort out the two by threes based on what pannels they were used in last year. This year I'm converting all but one room to the standard 4' by 8' pannels, so I had to find the one room that I couldn't cut up and make pannels out of.

I Made pannels leaning them against the deck. It was actually pretty easy.

I moved the frames to their current storage spot and then screwed on the OSB. When we're ready to move them into the garage, it'll be a two man job.

In the end I got three 4' by 7' pannels complete and two more are just a few minutes away from completion. In addition I finished two 1' by 7' pannels and I have one 3' by 7' panell almost done. I propbably won't post more pics until we actually start putting pannels up and begin detailing. Happy Haunting!

6. Default  
    Need any technical or graphical help?
    Be sure to PM me

7. Default Update 
    Oli- Right now I have a very limited haunt budget, but in future years I'd love to work with you.

Regarding the 2' wide hallways- They're happenning. If it's a problem, I'll learn.

We are scheduled to load the garage next weekend. Right now I'm scrambling to get as many pannells as possible completed. I'll post pictures tomorow, right now it's too dark. In a few weeks the fun part begins, detailing. Stay tuned! One more thing- today I got a bunch of 6" by 4' fence pickets from Home Depot for 60 cents each. For $20, I got enough to completely cover at least two 4' by 8' panells. I'm looking foreward to building more this year.

8. Talking Pictures 
    As stated before, we will be loading the set for the first half of the haunt next weekend.

Here's a bunch of random props from last year. They aren't very realistic, but they'll do their jobs.

Here's the prop for the first room. It will get beefed out with chicken wire and will get a mask and shoes to make it look better.

This is one of the donation boxes for this year. It should look pretty cool when complete. All donations will go to charity, but I'm having a hard time deciding which one.

9. Talking More pictures 
    Sorry about the quality of the pics, it was a choice between taking pictures on our camcorder or taking high quality pictures which take forever to load.

This is the garage. Today I will be working on clearing it out.

Heres some fece pickets I got, all for $20! They'll cover two 4 foot panells.

10. Talking Even more pictures! 
    We're gradually getting more panells! Here's a few pics of random panells.

Thread Information