HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Need to trigger multiple audio sources simultaneously

1. Default Need to trigger multiple audio sources simultaneously 
    A few years ago I purchased Zombietronix 6 channel (3 disc) Othersiders CD's.

I tried using them the first year with MP3's and just left them running, but after about an hour or so the players would stop. The problem is that to start them again I needed 2 more people to push start simultaneously which is required for the audio effect to work properly.

What I'd really like to do is to find an audio solution that would allow me load the tracks necessary to 3 players that could be triggered simultaneously by a single PIR or some other trigger.

Any ideas?
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did itů Autograph your work with excellence!

2. Default  
    Sent you a PM.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

3. Default  
    It can be done with two products I am very familiar with.

http://www.efx-tek.com/topics/ap-16.html

or

http://www.hauntbots.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=188

I know it can be done with more expensive equipment than this such as Gilderfluke, etc. but these are two companies products I use alot.

You just have to take the 3 stereo audio files, put 1 each on a seperate player (so you would need 3 of either of these players) and wire all the triggers together. Both have stereo outputs.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

4. Default  
    What you could do is if you have friend or someone who knows how is you could mix the three CDs into a Dolby digital audio track. This way you use one player, and one amp.

I do this a lot using virgil's 5.1 soundscapes. I mix them to dolby pro logic which allows me to use them with standard wav. player and use a home audio Amp for 5.1 audio. Give it a try.

5. Default  
    mix the three CDs into a Dolby digital audio track. This way you use one player, and one amp.
    Bingo. You could mix together the three tracks into a single mp3 file with something like Audacity. Audacity provides instruction for CD ripping here.

It'll be about the same amount of work as an electronics solution, but much easier to manage once complete.

6. Default  
    Is there a tut for mixing for 5.1? I have audacity but not sure how to do that.
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did itů Autograph your work with excellence!

7. Default  
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    Ill back Derek using Audacity

Free download which you already got. Fairly simple program. Used it several times so far and have been extremely happy with the final product.
    Kelly Anderson
    House of Shadows Sparta Wisconsin
    http://www.house-of-shadows.org/
    Owner-Haunt Your House.net
    http://www.hauntyourhouse.net

8. Default  
    Here's a manual for editing/mixing:

II.Editing for Beginners
    Part 4 - Splitting and Submixes

Thread Information