HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: My "Initiation"

1. Default My "Initiation" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I was living alone here in my haunted, haunted house (20 yrs. ago?) It was wintertime,10:30 pm, the town was quite, I was standing in my front room playing with some video tapes with just the tv on , the only source of light in the room.
    I heard the south door open and close that leads into the kitchen, the room beside the room I was in, "I wonder who's coming to see me?" (Could have been any one of a dozen friends or relatives)
    I heard their footsteps coming toward the connecting door between the rooms on the hardwood floor.
    I then had a sheer curtain hung beside the door inside the living room, then a pile of junk "room divider" after the sheer curtain. Through the sheer curtain I saw the door open, I heard the door open (it drags some)and I saw someone enter the room.
    All I could tell looking at them through the curtain was they they were maybe about 5 ft. 6 inches tall?
    I heard them walking behind my pile of junk room divider, there was no carpet in the room yet.
    "Who is it going to be? Andrew? Matt?, Heather? Mary? Anne? Troy? Bob?"
    There I stood, all alone, in the old haunted house, at the end of the dead end street,on the edge of the cliff, across from the city graveyard...
    With some anticipation upon seeing one of these people ...all I got to see was a pair of black jeans, with no feet or shoes, and no upper body, take two steps from behind the curtain, then vanish all happening maybe 8 to 10 feet away from me.
    I stood there staring......finally I said, "O....K...?"
    Thinking about this incident more recently I realised that if I were a ghost and Really wanted or needed to get someone's attention..what better way than to begin with normal sounds coming from the next room, building anticipation with no fear, everything seems to be very normal, then "GOTCHA!!!"
    ("Do you notice me NOW JIM?")
    Yes I did.
    Pretty clever too.

2. Default  
    5'6 inch pair of jeans! Were they Chic jeans Jim? Maybe it was the ghost of a former super model. Or maybe she was an amazon chic? Did you get scared out of your pants too? LOL! One of the strangest Ghost Stories Ive ever heard. Ive heard you talk about this several times. Thought I would just rib you a little about it Jim.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

3. Default People Want to See Ghosts 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Then out of the corner of their eye they think they might have maybe seen something?
    And then some people run with this and expound upon it...forever.
    Sad.
    A guy told me about seeing the ghost of his Grandfather one night in the room they shared....then ten years later he said, "Well it might have been him?"
    The first time it was definately him, no doubt about it.??
    Does the mind modify the past to make things easier for us?
    Or does it just get tired of filling in the blanks when storytelling because the story was not really complete or scary or weird enough?
    All facets of our human nature, I guess?
    I try very hard to stick to the original descriptions and indivual words when retelling events here.

Thread Information