HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Haunt sets with burlap ??

Hybrid View

1. Default Haunt sets with burlap ?? 
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    Im working on the first room for this years haunt, our rules room. The room was totally covered in foam that I made to look like old deterirating block walls. Very dark and dungon like. I made a bucky skeleton into a pneumatically operated rotted flesh looking prop. The skeleton will sit at a piano. The plan is that when the guest enter the rules room the skeleton will be animated as though its playing the piano. Then the skeleton will begin to talk giving the rules for the haunt.

The piano does not look that old and doesnt yet look as though it really belongs in the room. I was thinking about using other skeleton parts to add some character to the piano however I was thinking of covering part of the piano with bulap before additional skeleton parts.

Does anybody have any ideas or pictures they could share about using burlap in their haunt sets to give extra detail?? As always...thanks a million for any insight!!!
    Kelly Anderson
    House of Shadows Sparta Wisconsin
    http://www.house-of-shadows.org/
    Owner-Haunt Your House.net
    http://www.hauntyourhouse.net

2. Default  
    Whenever we have something 'new' we simply spritz the item with water, then take simple dry concrete/plaster mix and sift it on the item with a flour sifter.

You can also use spray adhesive and the dry mix.
    Not sure the exact vision of adding the burlap. I personally like JUTE NETTING better than burlap - but thats just my opinion.

The scene sounds cool! Post some pics!
    "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
    Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
    Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

3. Default  
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    Hey thanks for that idea!! That would give a great look to that piano. Im guessing it would make it look as though it had been sitting there for decades...

Being I was't really sure which direction to go right yet, my backup plan was to try and cover the piano. Not so much that guests wouldnt know what it was but just enough so that I didnt have too much nice and new looking piano to wonder what to do with. I do really like your idea and thanks for chimen in!!
    Kelly Anderson
    House of Shadows Sparta Wisconsin
    http://www.house-of-shadows.org/
    Owner-Haunt Your House.net
    http://www.hauntyourhouse.net

4. Default  
    i have used burlap like wall paper with great results, it gives a really interesting look. i cut irregiular shapes and dip them in a glue/water solution and apply to the item/wall/whatever.
    Could look really cool on your piano.

5. Default  
    I dont know if this counts as haunts that use burlap. But Jim Warfield told me once he wears burlap underwear.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

6. Default  
    If the room looks and feels like a dungeon, why not make it a dungeon and move the piano to another room? Just a thought....
    DA

Thread Information