HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: What is the funniest reaction you ever got?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Default  
    I always wanted to put together a "Best Of..." feature, because we get them every year!!
    Two of the best:
    1. Chainsaw chases a group of girls out. The chainsaw guy chase them out a tunnel up to a curtain never, exiting through the curtain as the exit is totally in view of the que lines. The girsl are all screaming, gasping when one askes her friend "Where's your purse?" She starts panicing "My purse, I don't have my purse!" Almost perfectly on que the actor sticks a hand out the curtain with her purse. People in the que are laughing and watching. As she take a step her frined exlaims "Where's your shoes?" She now starts screaming, "My shoes...I don't have my shoes!!!" On que the actor shoves the shoes through the curtain in his other hand!!! The audience went nuts!!! It was a great bit!!

2. Last season one of my line actors was working the crowd. She comes up behind two boys. Facing one she is looming over the second for the scare.
    The young boy slowly looks around, eye to eye with the actor and calmly states, "Sorry you can't scare me, I've seen my Grandma naked!!" Everyone in line including the actor lost it!!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

2. Default "Grandma Naked" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    He will be a ruined youth. Discouraged with such knowledge in his head:"Sure Honey, you're pretty Now, but I know what happens later." Stem-cell research has already accomplished incredible things in the labratory. Stem cells re-built a damaged human heart. they kept alive or regenerated brain tissue from an alzthiemers victim so they can have lab samples to study that diesease....So this all means within maybe the next ten years , if you have the millions of dollars needed. you could live forever on repaired body parts, your own! These things happened in England as reported on the BBC.
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-27-2011 at 08:35 AM.

3. Default  
    Chad Portenga Guest
    One year, we had a mine theme, complete with a long tunnel with an elevator at the end. The elevator was operated by an actor who generally had little interaction with the patrons, but occasionally, depending on the group, would ponder if the elevator cables had been checked lately, etc.

One night, I was asked to run the elevator. I generally kept quiet, with a creepy look on my face, which intensified the anxiety of the "decent into the mine". At one point, I heard 3 women slowly approaching the elevator. It took them forever to make their way down the 30 foot corridor to the elevator. They were so scared when they entered, they only looked at each other, never noticing I was in there with them. As I reached to close the door, all three simultaneously screamed and ran THROUGH the exit, completely knocking down the elevator wall. They proceeded through the following room, screaming and not stopping, while the actor in there couldn't even get a scare off. He just stared at me and asked me "What was THAT?"

(It took us 15 minutes to repair the elevator wall and door enough to finish the night).

4. Default There have been a few but... 
    One year I was working in a dark maze portion of a haunt. People would walk in from a well lit area and, pretty much without exception, stop cold. I have good night vision to start with and after being in their for a while, I could see quite well. I had my face and hands airburshed black and wore all black. For all intents and purposes, I was invisible. I would simply walk up behind or beside people and whisper into their ears. With good victim selection, this was very effective.

At the end of a slow night, two college age couples came in. I heard one of the girls use the other girls name. So to the first girl I whispered "we can see you, but you can't see us" and gave a low laugh. She gave the perfect scream as I moved to the other girl and whispered "Tina! You have been chosen to stay with me." She bolted, the guys nervously laughing went after her. I could hear the whole group screaming through several scares. Since it was slow, I took a shortcut to get ahead of them in the maze. I stood up againt the wall, right under a black light near the emergency exit. The whole group, breathing hard. The whole group stopped not two feet from me. The 'tough guy' in the group said, 'good, some light, you guys need to pull it together, lets rest here a moment.' He then put his hand out to lean on the wall, only he stuck it right in the middle of my chest! I jumped forward and shouted "You were warned not to touch the monsters!" He collapsed on the floor blubbering "I'm sorry, I didn't mean too, I'm sorry." Meanwhile, the other guy darted out the emergency exit and was gone. Both girls screamed their heads off, then realizing what had happened to the guys, laughed their butts off. I think the guy may have needed psychological help down the road, but what the hell. It was a great scare!
    Lords of Chaos, LLC
    House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

5. Default hEY DUKE! 
    You can find solace thinking about the customer like this:"Maybe they needed some emotional and psych. "Help" before they came in your place? It sure could be the case. Don't assume responsability for all those previous years, nights, days, moments locked in Daddy's closet.. unless you are "Daddy"!

6. Default mine wasnt actually funny.... 
    I had a woman turn to me in tears and said "please stop" when I rested the chainsaw on her hip. No blade of course. I felt real bad for her, these people should know their limits. But I did have the congo line going thru my area and the last guy got seperated and when he went to run from me he reached out for the group they werent there and he fell flat on his face. Thats was funny

7. Default  
    The first one that comes to mind is a cooking show bit we did when I was still with the Bar H Haunted Hayride. The skinny on the bit is I'm the host and another actor is the zombie chef. We are cooking "leg of man with sauteed worms. All in the same pot are a container of night crawlers that we show the group, one rubber worm I taste that is "too salty", and a pile of cold cooked spaghetti noodles the chef flings on the crowd. The startle comes in the middle of the chaos and the jumpers attack the trailer.

I stop at the store on the way there and buy the worms. A very sweet but morbidly obese girl rings me up and knows who I am and what I do. Three hours later she come through the show on a trailer with a group. When my chef hit her with those noodles she went to bucking and jumping, the trailer went to violently rocking and people were getting thrown out of there seats and into the floor. I started laughing and missed the startle and it all went to hell from there but damn it was funny.
    Colt Farrington
    "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

8. Default Just Yesterday Afternoon 
    A 40 yr. old man and his woman went through Ravens Grin for their first time. He didn't seem overly scared or even nervous.. but about every few feet he would holler , scream, then laugh! (Perfect!) I did the simplest, most innocuous little things to him and each and everyone of them seemed to work!
    His woman was fun too!
    Jim had a really great, fun time!
    They did too, said they would now be coming back, bringing their friends. (I believe them! Who wouldn't?)

9. Default My New Girlfriend 
    Dallas, Texas, United States, Northern Henisphere, Earth, Sol III, Milky Way
    The funniest one I can recall is when a group was being led by a loud-mouthed girl (obviously hiding her fear behind a false-bravado). I walked through the group from the back, silently shushing them. When I reached Miss Mouth, I gently set my hand on her boyfriends arm, silently indicating he should drop back and let me take his place. The Loud-mouth girl took my hand without looking back and, vociferously declaiming her ire at 'not being scared at all' led the group up the hill.

When she finally stopped, pulling me close beside her, the entire group had followed, scarcely containing their laughter. When she looked up at her 'boyfriend' finally, I was right in her face, smiling, and said, "How 'bout a kiss, sweetie-pieeee!!!!!" She couldn't let go of my hand fast enough and ran out of the park, screaming!

The rest of the group couldn't thank me enough.

10. Default  
    I remember one boy came through our haunt while humming the wedding march. We could hear him all the way in the back of the haunt, even with the music up loud. He walks past my area, and I see him doing some sort of soldier march, still singing. I jump out of my hiding spot and yell "Dum duh dum dum dummmm!" He immediately tears up, and yells "That's not fair!" and runs out of my room.

Thread Information