HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Irony of my house.

1. Default Irony of my house. 
    My house is haunted- which I don't mind. Its a peaceful little ghost, and she actually is one of the nicest people in my household considering my family is a bunch of sarcastic mean spirited coots ;P

I was at this forum originally to chat a bit and hopefully promote a halloween cd my company puts out, but I saw this section of the site and just had to comment!

In my teen years I was one of those gothy metalhead kids who thought looking up pictures of corpses and guffawing at the gore was "cool" and made me tough. Faces of Death videos and all that snuff stuff. You know the type. Black collar, and always something artsy to say about death.

When I finally moved into this house, and tried to keep up the habit I suddenly found not only the sense of guilt and petiness that maturity brings, but the physical touch on my shoulder pulling me away from whatever screen I was using. Eventually I got the message. Apparently the ghost(s?) in my house don't like death subjectified.

Even when I am processing evp on my computer or mixing certain soundclips I get that cold touch. I was mixing a song for a band which used clips of Jonbenet Ramsey's parents. I was a bit disturbed myself but they were writing the check. Eventually the events in the house got so bad I had to leave the house and tell the band to go someplace else for that specific track. I was touched, spoken to and (a rare occasion in this household but not unheard of) saw actual manifestations.

You don't need to tell me twice!

I just wanted to share this with someone (; seeing as I rarely get a chance to talk about spooks in my circle of friends. Not because they don't beleive but because most of them get scared. hah.
    " I have summoned them from their graves and now I am among them!"

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I live in my "haunted", Haunted House and sometimes I have gotten some unasked for special "help" here that I would also be given the credit for knowing how to do something that possibly nobody could ever do as a special effect.
    Just a few nights ago toward the final few feet of the tour I was looking at a woman's elbow as I was talking, weighing the possibility of slightly touching her elbow as I was talking of ghostly things(when I do this I always tell them later that the little touch was from me, I don't want them leaving here thinking otherwise, for numerous reasons)
    It was physically impossible for me to even get close to touching her elbow at all, a boy was standing between the two of us and everything was very well lit. Suddenly she jerked her arm and said that "somebody" had just touched her elbow!??
    Unless I have developed telekinesis?
    She had her elbow pretty well covered, she was wearing a woman's suit with fairly thick looking material probably having at least two layers of material plus maybe in inner liner?
    Like I have said before:"Life is interesting , if you take the time to notice"

3. Default  
    hahah, that's great !

I wish I could make it out to IL to go through a huanted, Haunted Attraction! Sounds right up my alley.

I was checking out yoru webpage and alot of that stuff is really impressive. The creatures, the design and alot of the flyers and stuff too. I really wish I had the time and money to do that. Its been a secret little dream of mine for years to put together a really sick haunted attraction. For now I guess I'm just content to sell them music with real EVP and stuff in it :P

Your story kind of reminds me of my friend jordan's house. That place has alot of really insane manifestations. Anyone who doesn't beleive in ghosts in that house gets a very physical message that 'yes, we're here'

Its a place i'd love to do an amateur investigation of but unfortunately he has a family of 7 that wouldn't be too happy with it.

4. Default  
    Your post telling how looking at pictures of the dead seemed to get you attention from the resident ghost who seemed to discourage this activity brings something to my mind concerning religion.
    A great percentage of the population worships their ancestors, and I guess this practice would be easy to figure out if our ancestors communicated with us from beyound the grave.
    "What should I do Greatgrandfather?"
    "By 300 shares of stock in The Ravens Grin portfolio, any amount that you have to pay it will still be a bargain and pay off like crazy, buy! BUY!"

5. Default  
    If only my grandfather had such keen buisness sense! I'd probably just get, " Your lazy. Are you getting fat? You're not hanging out with that ORIENTAL girl are you? " :P and a wierd smell of mothballs.

On the bright side, a haunting in my kitchen helps me keep to my diet!

6. Default  
    I worked with an old guy who once lost a sock to moths so he inundated his clothes with mothballs!
    He reeked of mothballs, no moth ever came within 100 feet of him or his clothing ever again, I am sure!
    (So are you hanging around with that girl, or what?) hahahah! Grandpa wants to know!

Thread Information