HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Cemetery

Hybrid View

1. Question Cemetery 
    Hello everyone!!!

For those who don't know me, I'm a professinal home haunter of 10 years now and I am the creator of " Dead Oaks Cemetery" in Oakdale MN. It's mostly a display type haunt but do have live actors. I have always been on a budget so I have only baught cheaper props and things, no big deal. Got the cheap head stones from Target and what not, but this year I want to add more detail and make it more vissualy inhanced.

I am wondering if anyone wood be willing to post any of your cemetery pictures for ideas?

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

2. Wink  
    WOW did I right that? LOL Well I hope you all get the picture!!!

Mr. Haunt

3. Default  
    http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...ad.php?t=11626

Hey man, your welcome to check out my pictures in a previous topic I posted. I myself am a home haunter and my theme is the whole cemetery gig. Funny I choose "Oakcrest" as our cemetery's name :-P must be something about the word oak that strikes us as scary..haha.. anyway there are pictures here in that topic or you can check out my "myspace page I dedicated to my haunt. I'm no wiz as website design so this is about as fancy as it gets for me.

http://www.myspace.com/the_cemetery

Best of luck I'd love to see any pictures if you have any within the next few weeks I'll be sharing some of my project ideas in that topic of mine.

I started off small years ago and every year I seem to find great deals on some very cool props and not to mention the crazy Ideas I draw all year round.

4. Default  
    Thanks for your reply, I have seen your pics from your post. You have me beat with props and all.
    I have not had the chance financaly to get as creative, I use my parents front yard to do my cemetery as well. No trees though, so it makes it a little blagh. Only lights I ever use are strobes. Had 3 foggers but down 1 now, have not made any of my props either exept for pine box.

But I am looking into improving lighting this year and that might be it, can't do much when you are laid off.

Mr. Haunt

5. Default  
    I suggest www.hauntforum.com and www.halloweenforum.com for all home haunters or haunters that are just starting up. The members on the other sites often find ways to do many things "on the cheap" where as this forum is mostly used by professional haunt owners.

On a side note, where in Oakdale are you located? I grew up in Oakdale.

6. Cool  
    Well it sure is an honor to meet a fellow haunter from the local area, but wish you were still here. From what I read on your site, it sounds like you had everything lined up for ya to be what you are today. I tried collecting donations for the MN Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in Roseville, but due to know adverisement we earned just $2, I guess people don't bring their wallets or pursses trick or treating. We are located on 46th St. by the Oakdale Nature Center.

I only do my haunt on Halloween, I spend all morning setting things up and take it all down by 10-1030pm. A few weeks before I make sure all of my props still work and if I need to replace something I can.

This year we will advertise our donations, and will be taking them for our local humane society as well.

I think we should keep in touch!!!

My name is Brian aka Mr. Haunt

7. Smile  
    Bioy I sure should read before I post!!!! I'm so FUNNY LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Mr. Haunt

Thread Information