HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Cemetery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Smile  
    Hey Danny,

What do you use as a stand for those branches? Any pics?

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

2. Unhappy  
    Zach,

When you left for Iowa in 2001 I had just graduated from High School. There is a new pro haunt in town that Buck Hill in Burnsville runs, Im sure you remember Nightmare at Trout Air? Well they have moved and changed names. They moved first up to Wyoming MN and called themselves Nightmare at Pine Haven Farm, now they have moved to Forest Lake MN and I think they are called Nightmare Scream Park???? Not sure about that one. Did you know that they run the Haunted House at the State Fair?

Sad note though, you must remember Fright Farm at the Ramsey County Fair Grounds, right? Well there was not enough room in the counties budget for them to open this year. For the price and the cause they haunted for its a big bummer

Brian

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Haunt View Post
    Zach,

When you left for Iowa in 2001 I had just graduated from High School. There is a new pro haunt in town that Buck Hill in Burnsville runs, Im sure you remember Nightmare at Trout Air? Well they have moved and changed names. They moved first up to Wyoming MN and called themselves Nightmare at Pine Haven Farm, now they have moved to Forest Lake MN and I think they are called Nightmare Scream Park???? Not sure about that one. Did you know that they run the Haunted House at the State Fair?

Sad note though, you must remember Fright Farm at the Ramsey County Fair Grounds, right? Well there was not enough room in the counties budget for them to open this year. For the price and the cause they haunted for its a big bummer

Brian
    I have seen the Buck Hill attraction's website only because of Leonard Pickle who was the designer of the attractions. I was able to go the Fright Farm a few year before moving and it scared the s**t out of me! It's funny because growing up, I was TERRIFIED of haunted houses... Now I can't get enough of them! The state fair haunt scared the crap out of me too! I think I was nine or ten when I went and I was literally crawling on the floor in terror! lol

It's a shame Fright Farm won't be able to open this year... It seemed like they had something really big going, especially within the last few years. Was it last year that that off duty police officer was killed there? Maybe that had a part of their decision to not open as well...

Did you ever get a chance to go to Spooky World before it shut down? I think it was in Burlington or something like that... I had gone there on a field trip I think when I was in elementary school. I wasn't, however, able to go to it while it was in operation... Nor did I want to at the time!

And have you ever seen this site? http://www.wildrice.com/TCHauntClub/TCHC_main.html I just found it... maybe you could put it to use?

4. Default  
    Not sure where I got Burlington from, but I ended up finding out that the Spookyworld in MN was in Shakopee, Minnesota.

5. Default  
    I'll pound either holes into the ground or metal tubes. If I just make the hole I'll put wooden stakes around the branch and throw a couple screws through the stake and branch itself. If i use a pipe of tube I just slide the branch into its fitting and wall-la..

BTW "Front Yard" Thanks for the help on finding that DVD link :-)

6. Default  
    Yep, I was to Spooky World before they closed, at that time I was not into haunting though. I thought that they were more of a comedy act instead of scary. I didn't think they were scary at all, I found myslef laughing the whole time.

So Mr. Pickel gets the credit for the haunt at Buck Hill? They sure must have spent a lot of money for him to dsign it. I should check it out this year and let you know what I think, I'm pretty good at giving haunts grades.

Speeking of other pro haunts, sure would be nice if more MN haunters were on this forum. I have tried talking to them by sending them emails, but no reply. I did send one to Buck Hill last year to see how the first year went, and did not get much of an answer other then they did good.

Sorry if I tend to ramble, but have not been to Valley Scair at Valley Fair either, they cost to much. Was at a haunt 4 years ago to some place at the Renison Festival (spelling?) 2 days before Halloween, not a good idea. this was like a scream park, we stood in line for a 10 minute hayride for close to 3 hours....but they make a killing in profit.

Brian

7. Default  
    I have some friends from Owatonna that are planning a meet and greet thing the 18th of September if you'd like to attend. I'm not sure if we will be able to attend yet, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. I thing they are going to have a few seminars and things of that sort. One of the owners of the Cedar Rapids haunt will be there as well (imax here on the forums) if you're interested check out minnesotasmosthaunted.com

8. Default  
    Boy Zack,

You sure do have a good insite on some good websites. The local group you first sent me seems to have an old web site. It works, but not sure if they are still doing their thing.

Brian

9. Default  
    Well when you spend a majority of your day in front of a computer you tend to find some pretty cool stuff! Hahaha

Thread Information