HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Body Movements in movies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    OO, never thought my lil innocent Q would get so much info heh. Thank you every single one of you. Also Badger, I've stumbled on Lon Chaney before while browsing Chaplin and the old special effect films. Thank you for reminding me of him.

2. Default  
    Bruise Muse- Im shocked you found "splinter" thought it was excellent and there is great stuff on the extras.
    One more suggestion the original Halloween. Myers defines the movements of the strong silent killer. Also watch Bela lugosi in "Son of Frankenstein" Really good physicality
    John barrymore was great in dr jeckyl and mister hyde, I really study movement and talk alot about it when I teach. So I love this thread.
    I hate to plug myself here but if you dont have it then you might want to grab my actor training DVD, I do talk some about movement in them moreso in the second one.
    In my signature is a link to my website where you can grab it.
    Allen H

www.stiltbeaststudios.com

3. Default  
    @Allen: I'm a horror movie junkie and luckily Netflix is a great source of obscure and indie horror films. The 8 Films to Die For series have also supplied some great inspiration.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

4. Default  
    I have noticed over the years that "stalking " around pacing around like you are nervously waiting for the right time to kill seem to unnerve the patrons. So I think the animal statement is very accurate .

@ Jim- As a tattoo artist I can assure you single tattoo needles are very small.... it's how many grouped together on the needle bar that need concern you. Is Jim afraid of needles?
    @ allen and bruise- been a horror junkie all my life too.

5. Default I'm a "Jumkie" too. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I have owned piles and piles of it. Old sheet metal, steel, odd items from everything imaginable (almost)
    My likes in horror movies goes backward in time to when I was a kid and the pictures seemed to shimmer and then come to life on the cave wall from the light from real flames.
    Needles don't bother me, my skin has been ripped on a regular , on-going basis working with all kinds of tools from the time I was a very small kid. Tetnuus shots every summer.
    Working with sheet metal, otherwise known as a great, big razor! Slice & dice!!
    Walking up a very steep incline with nails held between my lips, hammer in-hand, carrying a 3 by 8 sheet of sheet metal, my body being helped by two barn ropes...I had a premonition the ropes were going to break? (They seemed like brand new) They both broke at the same time! (Rotted?) the sheet metal went from my hands, flipping , rotating a few times right infront of my face as nails, hammer and myself slid backwards, downstream!
    All this was a tough "Horse" to get right back on, but I had to, no personal peons, no robot, no help from Mr. Say Tan (Lazy busturd!)
    The work continued.

6. Default  
    Jim,
    It's just funny how those itty bitty needles inspire so much fear.. My future brother in law as an example..... known him to damn near lose a finger while scraping copper for a few extra bucks. But still get queasy at the sight of a needle. I never get surprised at the reactions I get.... I find rather amusing.

7. Default Movie with built-in haunt training 
    There is a hidden gem buried in the extra features of the Silent Hill movie. It shows how they hired dancers to play the nurses and how the other monsters were instructed to move in unnatural ways.

You should check it out, it's better than the actual movie to a haunter.

Thread Information