HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Haunted Attraction Review

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Haunted Attraction Review 
    Hey All,
    Finally opened- HauntedAttractionReview.com
    is the number one website for reviews of Haunted Attractions in the Mid Atlantic region of the US!!!!

2. Default  
    Your site does not appear to work at the moment
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

3. Default  
    I definatly agree, You shouldn't judge a haunt from what a reviewer says. Go to it and see for yourself.
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

4. Default It's Kind Of Silly. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A haunt can be a very fluid thing, changing from minute to minute with the patrons energy and the haunt actors energy (or lack of?)
    Have a couple small mechanical things quit, a bulb burn out, nobody sees the wonderfull new "Whatsit".
    Some people might think a haunt attraction is just like a big money machine, just turn it on and it runs itself and I guess if it was , it might be alot easier to judge it like taking a car for a test drive, metal pieces all machined to close tolerances, meshing with lubrication...would this describe most haunts?
    Sure it would......hahahaha!

5. Default  
    Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, we receive no funding from ANY attraction... We are totally non-profit and like many of you, love the Haunted Attraction industry for what it is, not the money it brings...

Once we start reviewing attractions, you'll notice that the information we provide consumers is made to help plan and make the most of their experience...

You'll find information such as: The best time/date to visit the attraction, ease of parking, pricing, and VIP packages...

We hope you give us a chance!

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget-evilusions View Post
    Your site does not appear to work at the moment
    Just checked and the link should work... Here it is again...

http://www.hauntedattractionreview.com/

7. Default  
    I agree about the reviewer sites for companies, but having someone review a haunt and then make a website about it is slightly rediculous. I have been doing this for 10+ years as an amateur, but would never even CONSIDER rating a haunt if I myself haven't ever operated or owned one.

As much as I don't like Larry, his magazine gives great reviews of haunts, because they're reviewed by those who have been in the industry for many years, and covers all aspects.

Just my .02

8. Default  
    Also, the website isn't loading. Idk who your hosting is with, but you may want to consider someone more streamline like go daddy.

9. Exclamation  
    Here's my question to you guys. Doesn't the purpose of the rating site mostly dictate it's value or worth? There are to different opinions I'm hearing when I'm reading these post on this topic. Ratings by other industry professionals for other industry members or ratings by the public for the public which I think are both very valid.

1. Rating by Professionals for Professionals - These are the critiques of haunts by other haunt owners. Just like what HauntWorld and Haunted Attraction magazine provide. What haunt owners are doing that is bringing attention to their haunts and being critiqued by other haunts owners on innovation, design, and style.

2. Rating by the Public for the Public - These are the ratings by journalist working for any local newspaper, magazine, and online publication that gives their readers the opinion on where for this Halloween, if they have a family of 4 spending $15 dollars per person a total of $60 dollars for an hour of entertainment, where to get the most bang for their buck.

I don't think that you should have to be a haunt owner to write reviews of haunts for public publications. They have as much right to their opinion as anyone else considering their recommending what haunts to visit to get the most bang for their buck. But I agree with you if they want to write for an industry publication like HauntWorld or Haunted Attraction Magazine to rate and compare other haunts to one and another, then they should have a reasonable background working professionally in the haunt industry.

My day job is working in the entertainment industry mostly. I would never ask a journalist doing a review on a game for Microsoft or Sony if he/she has ever developed a 30 million dollar title before. I know he/she has probably played many video games before to be able to judge if the game he's reviewing for their publication sucks or not compared to the other games they've played.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Custom Branded Mobile App for your Haunted Attraction - http://www.hauntapps.com
    New Media Consultant, Web Designer & Developer - http://www.charlesterry.net

10. Default The Customer Reveiw Counts the most. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    They vote with their dollars, we get to have a reward for our concentrated efforts.
    Last night I said to a group:"Someday you might come driving passed my house and the front door might be off the house, your curiosity overcomes your fear, you look inside , nothing going on, nobody here." (Maybe I died?)
    I am saying this to set up an effect , but at the tour's conclusion the one man said to me:"If I ever came here and found this place that way..a part of me would die inside."
    I had just discovered quite the "Fan", obviously!
    It must be something I did or said or built that he's found that he liked. ?
    I would even consider his words to be quite a review, wouldn't you?

Thread Information