HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: question about gelatin burn effect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Well, I figured I'd try it before I actually do the haunt. I wasn't so worried about the colors, I just threw them on pretty haphazzardly. I know I can still do the makeup, I was worried more about getting the gelatin correct, so I really just threw some makeup from my "bruise stack" on it. Let me know what you think!

2. Default  
    Good job it looks great! Another suggestion I forgot to mention is that you could do multiple layers of gelatin with different colors. For example, on this one you could do the neon red tint on the base gelatin, and a couple splotches of glow in dark tinted over top (what looks oozy on yours) and would look nice in a 3D attraction. (works better if you have some black between the color to define them too). One of the attractions I have worked for has multiple attractions at one location, and I usually roam through them all, so my makeup needs to be versatile for each of them, and in experimenting came up with some neat results. I've learned so much just from playing with the materials.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

3. Default  
    Alrighty Jak thanks for the advice. Now you recommend mixing the UV makeup into the water then adding that to the gelatin correct?

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien Warwick View Post
    Alrighty Jak thanks for the advice. Now you recommend mixing the UV makeup into the water then adding that to the gelatin correct?
    Yes, I suggest mixing with the warm water so that it disperses easiest in the gelatin.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

5. Default  
    alright thanks for all your help guys! My first full color version will be Friday night...I'll make sure to post some pix!

6. Default  

ta da! There you have it folks...I had to do it in a bit of a rush so the water was not quite as hot as I'd like (hense the overly pus texture) What a great makeup to end my haunt season...I AM DONE FOR THE SEASON FOLKS :P

7. Default  
    Chad Portenga Guest
    I've never tried the gelatin burns, but I needed to make a Freddie Krueger mask. I researched prosthetics and spoke with a costume store owner who told me about Platinum Silicone. This is the same type of stuff they use to make high quality, professional pro's.

Here's how it turned out:

Keep in mind, this was my first attempt at using the silicone. It's very easy to work with, but a little expensive. But it does last a long, long time - easily a few seasons! I'd suggest getting the colored silicone, just to make applying makeup over it easier. I used clear that was in reality, more like a translucent whiteish color. Each night, I'd just apply it to my face with spirit gum.

Thread Information