HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: New Haunter, Need help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New Haunter, Need help 
    Need some advise, I am a new haunter myself and my partner are planning to do radio advertisment but are disputing on the effectiveness of Radio remotes. Does anyone have experience here? Are the remotes worth the extra money that your going to pay??

2. Default  
    I have always been suspicious of the use of remotes.

The salesman will tell you that you need to buy lots of spots over a long period of time because the key is repetition - and then wants you to put all your eggs in one basket for a short three-hour period.

The one redeeming feature I have seen with them is that they will usually do a lot of free promos for the remote in the days leading up to it, with more enthusiasm than they have for the regulare spots.

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    First figure out which station your potential crowd listens to.
    Radio works good if you choose the right station, otherwise send me that money and I'll talk about your place to Mr. Tuxedo, my Spookhouse cat, he will tell all his friends and you might be getting the same results.
    I think advertising advice is still trying to be sorted out and the ancient words of supposid "wisdom" might just be "Whizz-Dumb" running down your leg, making a small puddle.
    I think Ben Franklins' "Poor Richard's Almanac" said that thing about saturating the airwaves with little "spots" too numerous to cleanse?

4. Default  
    We do two live remotes and they always draw in the biggest crowd. I think it's worth it. the station we use gives us a bunch of free promotion spots at peak times to promote the remote plus they give away alot of fun stff at the haunt and what not. Try it, you'll probably be happy
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

5. Default  
    MMM, Would this be the Lawrence Welk station or the Guy Lombardo one?
    "Marv and the Nosepickers"? classic stuff, all!

6. Default  
    We did not get a noticeable change from the live remote. On top of that, they passed out coupons to people in line to get $2 off the tickets-- so we actually lost an added 20%. (The coupons were to get people to come to the haunt in the first place, not for people who were already there.) So I was unimpressed. They also tried to sell us a lot of "e-blasts" (emails sent to their subscribers) and a link from their site. But I figure if someone's on line and wants to find out about us, all they have to do is google the town and haunted house. Advertising is important, but there are a lot of ways to basically throw your money away in advertising, so I'd say proceed with extream caution.

7. Default  
    When riverboat gambling began just 25 miles from me, I was sold an ad in a little magazine aimed at advertising to the gamblers, "Sure, the first time or two they drive out from "the city", they will go gambling but after that they might bring their wife and kids and they will need something to do, like see your house."
    No.
    Gamblers come out to gamble. Period.
    The wives stay home , the kids stay home and pray Daddy remains sober enough not to get killed on his drive back home, as junior wonders where his paper route money in the jar under his bed went?
    People selling ads attempt to create a wonderland which often bares no relationship to anything in our physical world, like a hand reaching into a pocket and deciding to hand money to us.

8. Default  
    Find the radio station that targets the 19 to 34 year old age group. Do a trade with them. Offer to give away a few tickets, tell them (the radio station) they can broadcast from your site live, and even offer them a free walkthru. In return tell them you want to put a banner up showing them as a sponsor and you want advertisment (free) on their station x number of times a day for x number of days.

9. Default  
    Also, since I know you're in OKC, check with your CBS affiliate. I think the going rate here is about 1500 dollars. It will get you one 30 second commercial. They will show it (I'm trying to remember) seems like 60 times in a month, with 30 of those being in prime time and 30 during late nite

10. Default  
    Always try to get a deal. They never show their best hand first. If they do you can always come back for it later.

Thread Information