HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: New actor questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Another very important tip..... learn to read each group and tailor your performance them. And ,yes, always evolve.
    Dave B

2. Default  
    What scrymnster said. Observe them or listen while they are in the previous scene if you can. If they are using in your face tactics and its not working, obviously try something different.

3. Default  
    My thing I really picked up on quickly last year was...to give them hell each and every time and give it my best shot to catch them off guard and scare them. If I couldnt do that...I did my best to antagonize them. (In an entertaining way, just to get a laugh at least.)

Scares are all about timing though. My goal wasnt to scare one person, and wasnt to scare the girls or the little kids. My goal was to scare groups as a whole. It all has to do with the element of surprise and timing, which is why I loved my scene because I stood still enough that people thought I was a prop til they got right up on me and by then it was too late haha. LOVED it.

4. Default yOU wILL... 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Never will have heard or seen it "All" when dealing with the public.
    This also makes it fun and stimulating for us, doesn't it?
    I have had two women actually nursing infants as they were going through my house!
    One just this last October.
    A really good scare requires time and strangeness, either of you, your words (sounds) and atmosphere, mood if you will, of the surroundings.
    Time also can build anticipation or be used to lull them , distract them, setting them up for what comes next.
    I tell the haunted history of this house, usually inserting attempted humor(a distraction)
    I may also tell it with no humor.
    I am doing and saying unusual things , creating a situation where they may have to actually ponder what I meant , engaging their mind(Another distraction?)
    A normal tour through this house can require from 60 to 90 minutes or more, plenty of time to lull them and set them up to get scared from mundane objects brought to life and unexpected moments.(And appearing in unusual places)
    Over these last 23 years I have created quick paths for myself to seemingly be able to cover alot of ground quickly to affect the scare.
    The perfect scare/situation/reaction for me here is to see them jump,jerk, scream, them immediately laugh about it...and most people seem to like this too...and they keep returning, so I can then keep doing what I like to do best.

Thread Information