HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Woodchipper Scene

Hybrid View

1. Default Woodchipper Scene 
    Hey everyone, We want to put a woodchipper scene in the HAUNT this year ala Fargo. As the folks come into the room the actor grabs a foot or arm or something and places it into the woodchipper and blood and goo fly out against the wall opposite. Any thoughts on how to make this a repeatable, fairly inexpensive effect? I'm not worried about cleaning up in between, but I know I need to think about where all that gunk is going to go...perhaps a raised floor with an area for drainage underneath? or a catch basin... Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as always!

Happy Haunting!

Randy

2. Default  
    I would do a raised floor, have the gunk hit the wall and slide down under the floor into a pool or something, and then use a pump in the chipper to pull from that pool and shot the water and chunks at the wall.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

3. Default  
    like a regular pool/pond pump? I never even thought of that would the gunk plug it up? Maybe have to really thin it out to make it work right...

4. Default  
    Not a pond pump. I am thinking something along the lines of a 1 - 2" NPT utility pump. Something big that would flow alot of volume real fast, and is large enough to pass wood chipper size chunks of latex and foam without clogging.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

5. Default  
    Ok I found a pump for about $80 so that looks cool, a submersible utility pump, says it'll expel 1/2" material. So the other question is...how do I mix up some blood that'll look realistic enough with some goopy junk in it, but be easy enough to flow down the wall and back into the collection container. Anyone have any thoughts?

6. Default  
    Have you seen this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096462/

It was made with a rented woodchipper. Can you imagine the looks on the faces of the people at the rental agency when they got it back covered in blood?

Thread Information