HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Worst Haunt Ever!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Is this guy bashing the Haunt that it says on there site Proceeds go to MAKE A WISH..really?
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

2. Default  
    excellent post biohazard. keep at it, your spots going to be awesome!
    In the Shadows...We are Legion

3. Default  
    See, the issue is, people like BioHazard put their heart and soul into a passion that they have, and sometimes, people throw haunts up because all they want is the money. Which is fine, but it is just slightly annoying to see crap haunts thrown up by people looking to get rich quick, instead of taking pride in their passion....

Bio, trust me, your stuff is awesome. You have the drive and desire to become something great... keep it up sir.

4. Default  
    What if he isn't a owner but customer? What if it is a very unsafe haunt? Are you people saying its bad to have an opinion on a haunt that might not be favorable or are you saying these boards in particular aren't a good place to state this opinion? It definately sucks when someone says your haunt isn't any good, whether it be true or not. And as an owner I would never publicly state something like the OP did. That is bad taste. But if I was never a owner and just a customer I would.

Where is the line with some of you though? Some of you same people agree that someone should come on here and inform people of bad vendors but not haunts that give a bad name?

I am not talking about this haunt in particular because I know nothing about them, I am just talking in general. Lets say a haunt is very unsafe and could kill someone, do we not say anything because their proceeds go to a charity? Do we privately tell this haunt they aren't safe? Or do we warn people about dangerous situations?

Again, I'm not even talking about the place in the post, I just mean in general.
    Jared Layman

5. Default  
    I am not talking about this haunt in particular because I know nothing about them, I am just talking in general. Lets say a haunt is very unsafe and could kill someone, do we not say anything because their proceeds go to a charity? Do we privately tell this haunt they aren't safe? Or do we warn people about dangerous situations?

If they are unsafe, we are the LEAST of their concerns. ANY public attraction in almost every state is required to be inspected for both fire hazards, as well as public safety hazards. This is a moot point, and you're fishing for arguments. Move it along.

6. Default  
    that was extremely creative use of black plastic
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

7. Default Another 2 cents... I thin i'm up to 4! 
    I don't think that calling a haunt unsafe or dangerous is bashing. I think it's responsible.
    The review on here was about the waste of money and how not scary it was.
    Both - really don't have a purpose on here, unless the owner/operator/manager is here to take advantage of all the expertise that the people on this board possess.
    In my conversations with people, it sounds like this haunt has a case of the "anyone can do a haunt" disease and needs help, charity haunt or not.
    Just because they are raising money for charity, doesn't excuse them from living up to the name "haunted house." The fact that they are charity, would encourage me even further to talk to them i person.
    I think we need to help those haunts who don't quite get it, by saying "here's why you're not scary enough and here's how to fix it."
    Vendor bashing, despite the fact i think it causes arguments more often than not, belongs here, because it's an industry wide issue, not a local issue. These reviews, like movie reviews, help you find out where to spend your money without hassle.
    i'm just saying...
    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

8. Default  
    I think this is all crap. Let people do what they want it do.

If its not to your expectations then who cares as long as the people who created it are happy. Get a life and worry about your own crap

smasters

9. Default  
    Let me chime in... personally I don't think its in bad taste what so ever to expose a REALLY REALLY BAD haunted house when those haunts are charging the same as you or myself, clearly out to make a quick buck, false advertise especially when they say they are the best in town. Its almost always the new ones some moron trying to make money on the awesome industry we've all built up... I personally get offended that these people try to ROB people with false claims and take shots at haunts in yoru area trying to make a quick buck. I'm not offended not at all.

However on the flip side any haunt can suck one night and be awesome the next ... what makes that haunt suck because of a bad performance by the actors well I can look past that but or is it because the haunt just sucks with no money invested, unsafe, false advertisement, blah, blah...

I would never say a haunt sucked because the actors did bad I will always base my opinions of marketing they said this and it was really that... place is unsafe, no effort just a money grab.

Check this out... these guys in my city opened a haunted house look at this and YOU TELL ME should they be charging $20.00 same as the Darkness, should be they saying they are the scariest haunted house in town, blah, blah...

YOU TELL ME should this haunt be exposed are they a money grab do you think there is any chance they will make it, do you think people say anything other than they feel ripped off??? You can't let these haunts slide because this hurts our industry.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...hedred23/drip/

10. Default  
    Because all it takes is one little accident and the whole industry is screwed...If it is unsafe then by all means we need to take the initiative to help them make it safe. The review that I read was just bashing it not saying it was not safe but instead saying it sucked and wasnt scary...That is what I have the problem with...not that fact that it might be unsafe...hell weve all been thru unsafe haunts before and wondered how the heck they get away with it
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Thread Information