HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Need some suggestions for a costume

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default reply 
    Lets get to the questions that count.

What does he look like or what do you want him to look like?

How does he move? Fast or slow?
    See the thing is Mr Haunt, i have not seen the two Boggie man movies, i don't know what he looks like in the movie. Do most patrons know what he looks like?
    We had a kid that had to do Jeepers Creepers, but only a quarter of the crowd knew who he was. So if your not basing him off the movie character then your making a costume based on a monster that nobody has really ever seen. Is he clown or zombie looking guy?

What is his costume. Cloak, Suit, long brown trench and so on, whats the make up going to look like? Prosthetic?
    Props, this is a good one, maybe you could tell with what he carries. Big Hourglass with no sand in it. "Times up kiddies, Don't fall asleep or the Boggieman will get you"!!!

2. Default  
    They key to creating a BoogeyMan is to never show his ( or her ) face.
    If you want to make it have a face, encorporating animal characteristics into the creature would be cool.
    Everyone has a different BoogeyMan, so it would be pretty hard to establish a universal one.
    I think a black trench coat would be cool ,maybe vines coming out of some parts and weaving back in.
    This would carry the man crossed with nature theme.
    Have fun

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinHead
    They key to creating a BoogeyMan is to never show his ( or her ) face.
    If you want to make it have a face, encorporating animal characteristics into the creature would be cool.
    Everyone has a different BoogeyMan, so it would be pretty hard to establish a universal one.
    I think a black trench coat would be cool ,maybe vines coming out of some parts and weaving back in.
    This would carry the man crossed with nature theme.
    Have fun
    Nice i like it! The trench coat very distressed look, let them see a witch type prosthetic looking face but scrim out the eyes like you can see right through to his soul or whats not left of it. Thats why he wakes you up he needs to take your eyes so he can see again.

By the way Nice Sedgeway Rob! Smooth worked it right in.LOL

4. Default  
    I see a prosthetic like this one:

http://www.screamteam.com/newpage/gaunt.htm

but maybey with long horns or some other sort of stuff ( sorry , most descriptive word right now ) coming out of the head.

5. Default Good 
    Good ideas, I like the picture. I think with this, a bit darker skin, sharp teeth, long black hair, big pointed ears, green eye contacts, and black trench coat.

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    You just described the SS Nazi gypsy, medium well-done.
    Hold the Mayo, extra onion!
    Don't forget the Mustard Gas!

7. Default  
    And given The Boogie man's penchant for spiriting away children, perhaps carrying some sort of sack or net (imagine a monstrous version of the "Child Catcher" in the movie Chitty Chitty Bang-Bang...)
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

8. Default  
    I like the TRENCH COAT idea as well.......... Kevin, Glad you liked the smoothness, I was watch me slip this right in here like thissssssssssssssssss.
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

9. Default  
    Well lets see. looks like it is time for one of my ideas. Sorry JASON AND RIZZO. why dont you make the scene look like it is under the bed. then put your boogy man in a monster costume and trench coat. for music you can get sounds of children screaming and crying. sinister scents makes a dirty sock smell that would work and you can play one of the boogy man theme songs.
    5 years in the business and still ticking
    Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
    USSN

10. Default  
    You can paint those scream team Prostheitics any way you want
    Slash

*PM me if you have any questions*

-If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
    -Don't drink the water in Mexico.
    -America: Love it or Leave it
    -In God We Trust, All Others Are Run Through NCIC
    -Gun Control: Use Two Hands

Thread Information