HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Masks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Masks 
    I am just trying to find a good (economical) supplier for haunt masks. I am still on a very limited budget and would be unable to spend thousands on masks. Where do most of you buy your masks?

If you say Walmart then I will puke!

I know that makeup can give a better realism but I don't have time to deal with 70 actors to get in makeup.

Your advice would sure help out.

Ryan

2. Default  
    Ryan, what are you looking for?
    Theme?

3. Default  
    Haunted Media DVD magazine has some awesome segments in their issues 4 and 5 on Mask Augmentation. They show you how to take cheap $5 masks and using household materials transform them into AWESOME custom creations. I really recomend it , you can make your own characters that your guests will have never seen before! Plus it is cheap.

http://hauntedmedia.com/products.shtml#issue4

4. Default good question 
    As for the haunted media. I have just bought all their DVD's and one of them is on the mask augmentation.

As for the theme, That is not something that I have narrowed down just yet. We will most likely be a haunt with the theme changing every 2 to 3 rooms. We do not have a haunt that is all one theme. I know there is lots of people that will scold me for it but that is just how the haunts in our area work and that is basically how I know them. I guess I am looking for a website that offers good masks at economical prices. I have been on some sites that their masks are hundred of dollars and that is just not there. I was hoping more for the $30-$60 range.

Ryan

5. Default  
    A majority of these masks are in the $60 range:
    http://deathstudios.com/Masks/Masks.cfm
    http://bumpinthenightproductions.com...t.asp?cat=Mask
    http://www.darksidestudio.com/

I get alot of masks from fright catalog ( http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween-Masks/ ) they are cheap but most of the time I change them , a good thing to do when using cheap masks is to cut the eye holes about 2 inches bigger than they come standard ( be sure to make up the eye area of your actor so it doesn't look too cheesey) , this increases your actor's visibility and the overall safety of your haunt.

I hope that helps you.

6. Default  
    Gallows, I recommend buying slip masks and creating your own cheap masks by adhering the slip to a sock mask, we carry a great line of slip masks , as well as Screamline studios,Alot of haunts do this. its a cheap affordable way to have some great looking masks.
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

7. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Yes! Buy the absolutely cheapest $3.oo mask, cut it in half, turn it inside-out, sew it back together again and maybe paint it and nobody will have ever seen this creation before! (Except in their nightmares!?)
    Of course just reaching into a wallet and paying is easier, unless you happen to have a wallet like mine!
    (It might as well be a "Mummy-Wallet' sewn shut and buried in the desert!)

8. Default  
    GET A MAKE-UP ARTIST!!!! Go to your local colleges theater dept. and post-up (with permission) ads/flyers looking for a volunteer make-up artist. Trust me, you WILL find help. Students are ALWAYS looking for ways to add to their resume... this is where you would come in! -Tyler

9. Default  
    Take your wallet, cut it in half, turn it inside out and sew it back together and paint it. Using this as a diversion, when you pull this wallet out you will automatically qualify for some kind of discount. Then watch Ebay for things that come up for sale. They can't see your wallet from the other dimension.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

10. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    ..in a previous post today I identified my wallet as being a Mummy wallet, sewn shut and buried in a desert..for thousands of year....the Jim Savings Plan.

Thread Information