HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Masks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Open the wallet, cut just the ends so the leather folds into a sheet about 8 inches by 9 inches. put a sting on each side with the crease being in the opposite direction from the sides with the strings. Cut two eye holes in it and tie it on your head.

This becomes actually two masks as one side gives that worn leather look, the other side, wearing it inside out can be sample credit cards and expired AAA membership cards sticking out of all the little pockets.

More wallets can be found at garage sales and flea markets.

In a deep gruff monster voice ask "What's in your wallet?" Get your haunt to be sponsored by Capital One.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

2. Default MASKS 
    Hi TheGallows,

Issue 4 and 5 of Haunted Media DVD Magazine have the Mask Augmentation segments. They are easy to follow and our taught my CIFX company.

Scott Broad
    hauntedmedia.com

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I think I still have a mask upstairs I made about 20 years ago of "The Clown Lawyer From Mars!"
    He has a hose-nose with a trombone end on it, a horn in the middle of his forehead, he sucks your wallet out of your pocket with the hose-nose, flips it up, impaling it on his head-horn, ripping it open and eats the money as it falls passed his face. Of course still stuck to the horn were some shreds of bloody underware from when he got too excited during the hunt and simply impaled the rearend, ripping the pocket from the pants.
    As silly as this mask is, I once scared an old man on the street (not trying to) in broad daylight.
    "Broad Daylight" by definition must be the optimum lighting for looking at women, "Broads"?
    Then they want you to pick them up in the dark of the night?
    (Maybe they couldn't stand looking at me?)

4. Default  
    Get a Morris Costumes book.

http://www.morriscostumes.com/

They don't make anything, but Morris destributes for all the most popular suppliers. Thier prices are just a tad over 'normal' wholesale if you bought directly from each of the manufactures. However, they are easy to deal with and set up accounts quickly. You can place orders on their toll free number and pay by credit card. Get lots of masks from lots of different companies from the el-cheepo junk to several of the Prestige lines.

They also sell costumes, make up and props. It's a really good place to start.
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

5. Default Masks 
    Take a look here
    www.lubattidesigns.com
    His half masks are great for haunting. Good vision, great quality, and reasonable price

6. Default  
    I have had really good service from http://www.twistedtoybox.net/ and I love the masks and props I have of theirs.

But for budget stuff I would agree with the "try Morris", you might get lucky on some of their clearance stuff.

7. Default  
    Some pretty cool links on the last two posts. But if your just starting out and really have a small budget ect. Im with some of the other posters on here. Try dabbling in makeup! Buy some books or dvds ect or even look up on the net how to do some basic makeup and character faces. Buy a few masks but dont spend an arm and a leg. Ya Death Studios and other companies make some great masks. I have some myself but they can add up in the long run at $60.00 bucks plus a pop. You can get alot of decent Don Posts masks anywhere from $15.00 to $30.00 out of Morris Costumes.
    But if I were you I would go with makeup.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Thread Information