HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Masks

17 37.78%
  • Prosthetics

28 62.22%

Thread: Masks or Prosthetics?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Masks or Prosthetics? 
    I asked this on the other haunt forum a week or so ago, but this forum feels more like home for me. So I will ask here as well

Ok guys, when you are either attending or operating a haunt...which do you prefer to see or use? Masks or Prosthetics?

This is a question that I find both interresting, and is also sort of like a poll for me to use as a tool to see which would be better for me to use at my future haunt.

The pro's that I have noticed, just working at a haunt last year was that most of the people coming through enjoy the special FX prosthetics moreso than the masks. I wore a prosthetic for my scene last year, and I stood completely still in my scene, so people always thought I was just a prop, when all actuality I was right there! lol I think the prosthetic was realistic/fake (however you want to look at it) enough to trick people.

I cant really figure out which would come cheaper overall. People say make-up teams and prosthetics and such are expensive, but I would figure that quality masks would start racking up in prices as well.

So what are your thoughts?

2. Default  
    I personally always prefer makeup over masks whether it be straight greasepaint or full buildup/prosthetics. However with the advancements in silicone masks...those arent too shabby...but is that considered a mask in the same respect as if you put it against something like a Death Studios or Distortions mask?

thats my thought at least.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

3. Default  
    Masks are masks....prosthetics and make-up is prosthetics and make-up. lol

I get what you're saying though. I may do a combo of both.

4. Default  
    I like the moving latex masks that are in two parts so that when you talk the jaw moves. An its getting really hard to find those.. whats up with that. Well any way I'm always running around because I'm hyper as all hell in haunts. So normally in about an hour i will sweat off make up and just say f*** it.
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

5. Default  
    WTF.. really, only 2 people say masks !!! You latex fake skin loving freaks!!
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

6. Default  
    This silly poll won't slow me down on making latex masks. Actually has me trying harder to compete with make up.

7. Default  
    Hell yea, I'm with you on that!!! You know how many times I have broken out with bad acme because of masks clogging up my pores!!! Never, nada, yet to happen !! Make me cool masks!! I pay top dollar!

8. Default  
    (shameless plug)

I have some stuff up on FB. Lot 27 fx. I get inot alot of customizing of my masks. I have to get some of them posted from this year. My other page is Massacred Memories. Some mask stuff on there. Loads of lol's

9. Default  
    I think both have there place. The main issue to me is safety , i see to many haunted hayrides using regular store bought or non custom mask. This to me is one of the most dangers things you can do , because of loose fit and poor vision. They have there actors running along side of the wagons or jumping into the crowd on the wagon, just not a safe idea. Even in a haunted house it's like wearing blinders, people can come up along side of you and you not see them , they can hit you or you hit them. I think there needs to be a push for a better user friendly mask.

Robert

10. Default  
    We use silicone masks, latex masks, liquid latex, foam latex appliances, latex appliances, grease makeup, air brush makekup etc... We pretty much leave it up to the actor and what they are comfortable with. If they want to use their own costume we make sure it fits in with the theme and their area. Some actors don't want to deal with the makeup and like the ease of a mask. Others don't like masks as they can get hot through the night. Pretty sure we'll continue in this fashion.
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did itů Autograph your work with excellence!

Thread Information