HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Masks

17 36.96%
  • Prosthetics

29 63.04%

Thread: Masks or Prosthetics?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    I think there are places for both in your haunt a que line actor prosthetic, well light seen in your haunt silicone mask, darker areas latex mask are fine.

2. Default Masks or Prosthetics 
    I'm still new at this but so far (and I like them all) the really good masks are just as expensive as the Prosthetics. Like the other guy said, I leave to the individual actor. We have a cosmotology school here that actually teaches all of this and the girls/guys going to school there get extra credit for working outside the school so it is not too horribly expensive to hire them.

3. Default  
    I like makeup better because I am fat
    and Fat people get hot in mask.
    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
    www.horrorfields.com

4. Default  
    Wow, it seems that prosthetics are the overwhelming favorite lol.

5. Default  
    A few years back I asked this exact same questions and it was a overwhelming MASKS.... never understood it.
    personally we have always used as many fX makeup jobs as possible and only used over the head masks for late comers and drop scares.... I think Over the head hi quality latex masks have a place in any haunt on static props, To many times Have I walked thru a haunted house to see some teenager with a latex mask pulled up over his head trying to cool down. This is where foam Latex FX appliances place number one in my book! which is why we developed our line up years ago, but then people wanted cheap over foam, and we started making everything in slip latex form....
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

6. Default Prosthetics all the way! 
    (the appropriately named) Killen, Alabama
    They allow for so much movement of the face and it allows for more creativity! So Prosthetics for me

7. Default  
    Prosthetics for me always. But be careful and make sure its done right the first time.

Theres nothing worse than doing crowd enterainment and your face piece begins to rub away from your face.

then you have customers commenting on how your makeup is falling apart.

So get it right the first time!
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

8. Default  
    Personally, I think that either can be very effective if done properly. Pulling off the scare is up to the actor, and, even with the greatest prosthetic or mask, if the person donning it isn't pulling their weight, it really makes no difference how spectacular they look. Another big part of it is lighting, or lack of; under bright lights, nothing will come off as creepy as under low lighting. Just my two cents...
    <a href=http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns target=_blank>http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns</a>
    http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
    Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

9. Default  
    Dallas, Texas, United States, Northern Henisphere, Earth, Sol III, Milky Way
    I build my face up each night, then pull it off as a 'souvenir' at the end of the evening:

10. Default  
    I wish I could use prosthetics, but I simply couldn't afford all the adhesive it would take to use it. Nor am I any good as an artist, and many of the best prosthetics come undecorated. Personally, I think that one of those expensive silicone masks would work just as well, if not better, for me. I'll have to wait until I get enough money to buy one to say for sure, though.

Thread Information