HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Hello

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Welcome to the boards, Jack S.!

I'd venture to say that it's really up to you as to if you buy a ready-made haunt or build your own. A lot factors into either one. Best of luck! Be sure to post any questions you come up with, you're sure to find valuable info on this board.

2. Default  
    Well we have our own haunt that we built from the ground up, so from that point of view I have a lot more pride in the craftsmanship and details of the haunt. It is an extention of me, in my eyes. Now yes the blood, sweat and lack of sleep are unmeasureable, and its not to say that the pre-made ones aren't good quality, but I feel that I have more pride in ours because it is OURS.
    I came here to do two things, kick some a$$ and chew some bubble gum...and I'm all out of bubble gum.

www.ScaredYou.com www.TheHauntingFields.com

3. Default  
    As a general rule, I would suggest building from the ground up. The main reason for that is that you can design the haunt to fit your own theme and location. Wall panels are not that difficult to build (though very time consuming) and if you buy a premade haunt, you will still have to assemble it.

Two exceptions to this. First, if you find a used haunt at a good price it can end up being a good deal. If you find a haunt with great artwork, and you don't have the skills to do that yourself, you might consider purchasing a haunt, other than that, I would just built it.

Welcome to the boards and good luck with your new venture.
    Lords of Chaos, LLC
    House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

4. Default Re: Hello 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Skellington
    Hello,
    I am new to the forum. I am planning to open up a haunt in 2008. I was told by Kelly Allen to come and chat here for Ideas and help on things. I read Mr Allens Book and now my friend and I are moving forward getting all our ducks in a row for this.

Question I have is Is it better to try and build the haunt yourself or purchase one from Like Halloween Productions or Creative Visions or some other Co that builds them.

Thanks all for your time and I am glad to be a part of this forum.

Dennis Moyer
    Hello Dennis,
    Just wanted to wish you the best on opening your haunt!
    Do you have an insatiable appetite for Halloween? Are you intrigued, rather than disgusted with gore? If so, you must be ALittleFreaky too.

5. Default  
    Welcome aboard Jack.... er... Dennis.....
    umm.... :wink:

I'm Virgil and a write spooky music!!
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

6. Default  
    Welcome to the board Jack love the name. But in answer to your question who wouldnt love to have the money to have Halloween Productions put together a haunt for them. But this all depends on what you have to get this thing off the ground. If you starting with a very small or next to nothing budget your probably gonna have to build from the ground up. Not only will you learn a great deal in the process you will appreciate it more. All the detail and tricks you can learn from asking questions on this board or just by visiting haunted attractions. Im still learning things and I've been doing this for quite a while now. Its like everything else you learn something new everyday.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Thread Information