HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Wink  
    I just wanted to inform you that it gets pretty quite this time of the year for home haunters.

I do however like your ideas and questions, the more you do to cover yourself from the safety part, the better you will be.

I am a 10 year home haunter veteran, and I can share some of what I do on Halloween. I do not have a "walk through" type haunt. It's more of a large yard display with a few live actors to give small scares.

I decerate the entire yard with my props, and the only way up to the door is the driveway. The driveway has LITTLE to NO props on it so that all the kids stay safe. I aslo have the larger part of the yard roped off so that no kids can go into the decerated area.

Yes the scares are not "big", but it's enough to keep the kids happy and safe. This for me is all that matters.

Mr. Haunt

2. Default  
    For the little ones we have a hay- bail area in the front of the house and a bounce house with some blow up yard decorations like scooby-doo and others. We have volunteer mom's watch them so the adult and older kids can go through the haunt. Because we don't want small kids to get to scared, but every year there are always 20 to 30 parents that drag there wee little ones through and they come out crying and i feel bad but we did warn them and gave them a option.

Shawn
    http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

Thread Information