HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: most cost effective website designers ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default most cost effective website designers ? 
    hey guys!
    being a first time haunt we need to monitor our budget as we progress to the 2011 season(you all been there before!)

so what are ur choices for a haunted house website designer?

thnx for ur inputs!!
    Henry GQ - Fear Factory Erie, Pennsylvania. www.fearfactoryerie.com

2. Default  
    CHad savage from sinistervisions is real good pretty reasonable too same with red crow reasonable and very good animations and intros
    Kyle Guillette
    Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

3. Default  
    Otherwise depending how much your looking to spend you can get real basic programs at office max or from Google to create just a real basic website or if you have a high school or college nearby that has classes for Adobe dreamweaver and/or flash could always talk to any student or the teacher about doing it as a project
    Kyle Guillette
    Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

4. Default  
    I've got pre-made WordPress templates designed for haunted attraction you can purchase here: http://www.charlesterry.net/buy. You can have your haunts website up and running within an hour with these. If you want something custom, give me a call or drop me an email with what kind of site that your wanting and I can put together a quote for you. You can see samples of my past work here: http://www.charlesterry.net/works.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Custom Branded Mobile App for your Haunted Attraction - http://www.hauntapps.com
    Website Designer & Developer - http://www.charlesterry.com

5. Default  
    Of course as always Sinister Visions, Rogues Hollow, The Village of Darkness, Rick Whitlow.

I had our haunt website, www.nightmareexpress.com designed by someone I have know for years who does really good work. http://www.jenfoto.com/ Jen designed all our graphics, advertising banners, ticket designs, everything. She is great to work with, and since she isn't that well known, she turns work around really quickly.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

6. Default I can also help if needed 
    I am a system analyst of 30 years and did my website at www.haunted-farm.com
    let me know what you are looking for and I can get you a quote.

7. Default  
    We've been using Jimmy at THORN Web Designs for several years. We hired him to design our site, etc., then he started working at our haunt. Can't recommend him enough. www.thornwebdesigns.com

Sean
    Wells Township Haunted House

8. Default  
    There is a great website that allows you create your own flash website. It is called www.wix.com. They have tons of templates that you can use for all different types of themes, or you can start from scratch. I use it for my entertainment company website. It costs like $10 bucks a month, plus the cost of the domain name which will depend on what the website is called, mine was like $30 for a year. It takes a while to figure out how to use the editor, and to figure out everything that you can do with it, but it is pretty easy once you play with it for a while. Check out mine at www.spotlightentertainmentboston.com.

If you just dont want to worry doing it yourself, and have someone else take care or it, I reccommend Rogues Hollow. They create awesome websites, and can also create your business cards, flyers, rack cards etc, all so they match your website!

Good luck!

Justin
    The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

9. Default  
    I would suggest Darknet Designs, but I'm getting the silent treatment about receiving a refund for services not delivered, so I'd hold off until I find out for sure if this is unintentional or typical "take the money and run" behavior. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he'll get around to it. (I'll let you know either way.)

10. Default  
    I woud DEFINATELY NOT recommend Darknet designs. I'm now at 1 year of no delivery, and even getting communications back is like pulling teeth. I think the only time I heard back was when I called the credit card company about reversing charges.

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Thread Information