HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: which haunt in the USA has the best 3d show??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default which haunt in the USA has the best 3d show?? 
    wickedhaunt Guest
    When it comes to 3d its either hit or miss. Some haunts put together a really good 3d show...others fall a little short. So i wanted to ask where can i find the best 3d haunt...3d artist..and 3d designers. I could spend endless nights on the internet going through pix and videos or i could ask the industry.....so thats exactly what im doing...well..industry who's the best?

2. Default  
    There has been a big debate, and discussion on this on the fright forum. Its under the Darkness rennovation thread.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

3. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    I can't say who has the best because theres so many that I have never been too but, WareHouse 31 had a very good one this past year, I would have to say the best that I've been to is Larrys Terror Visions, I like it a lot.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

4. Default  
    What exactly are you looking for ... are you looking to have something done? Thanks Larry

www.blacklightattractions.com

5. Default  
    The best I've been to is Judgement Day in 3D at The Factory of Terror in Canton, OH. It's pretty incredible.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

6. Default  
    I do love Larry's at the darkness. The detail, floor to ceiling is amazing.
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

7. Default  
    Who put together this Judgement day 3D haunt. It looks alright. The artwork looks like some that I saw in Chicago at Transworld back in 2004 or 2005 that I believe Ghostride had for sale.? If Im not mistaken.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

8. Default  
    Having designed 2 3D haunts myself and seeing many I am extra critical of them, and they can be done a lot of different ways. In my personal opinion, the flat patterns look the best 3D effect wise, but not many haunts utilize them...The airbrushed haunts to me seem generally overdone and there is too much haze for the 3D to work as efficiently as it could. I think a good blend of the two would be the perfect attraction, but I have yet to see that....if I get the opportunity to design another I will definitely incorporate both elements into it.

I have seen about 20 different 3D attractions, and I personally really liked Bad Trip at Haunted Hoochie/Dead Acres the most. The 3D worked really well, which as I said in my opinion does not often come out well airbrushed, but they had nice separation between the colors and I thought it worked great. There was a decent blend of flat with dimensional effects, and things to look at everywhere which was also cool, the only thing that could have made it any better would have been something on the floor, but the building would not allow it (dirt floor). There was very little repeating of any props, themes, or characters throughout that it seems a lot of 3D haunts seem to fall victim to.

There have been at least 2 in which I seen the same static figure prop used 2-3 or more times in the same attraction...no matter how long or unless you have some kind of story themed with a character...I dont believe in using any prop more than once unless it is something that you would have a lot of such as spiders etc...

Factory Of Terror's 3D haunt was great from a design aspect..really liked the catwalks above between sets..allowed for some creative scares and actor efficiency. The art in my opinion was a tad overdone...not enough black separation between colors for it to pop well in most spots...but thats just my opinion. I did enjoy it a lot as well though overall.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

9. Default thank you 
    wickedhaunt Guest
    thank you for your replies. i think i got my answers i was looking for.

10. Default  
    Well, if you saw Judgement Day in 3D during MHC, everything probably wasn't finished. I didn't tour it during MHC, so I don't know. I've been to Terror Visions, Bad Trip in 3D, Judgement Day in 3D and many other 3D attractions during the 2010 season and Judgement Day in 3D is pretty incredible to say the least. Brewery Butcher 3D (part of The Terror Fest) in Columbus, OH is real good also. They're all great 3D attractions that have something unique that sets them apart. It's just what you prefer in an attraction.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Thread Information