HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: What’s your Favorite theme…

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    I love gothic, victorian haunted mansions, cemetarys, crypts and tombs. Far as scarefactor and creepiness nothing can beat it.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

2. Default My FAVORITE Theme HAS To BE.. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "The Bachelorette Party!"
    Everyone of them that come through my house for a tour is pure FUN! (For ME!!!)
    (Go ahead Damon, eat your heart out!)
    "Danelle" from The Pickers TV show brought her group of young female friends here for one, they were fun, funny.

3. Default  
    Seriously! Thats awesome Jim! Were you the stripper? Did they ask for there money back? LOL! Just joking! Man Pickers would have a hay day at your house. Frank would be like I'll give you a shiney penny for the Phterodactyl. But I dont think it will fit in the van.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default I have never even seen their TV show. 
    Been told about it.
    I got very bored with the whole "Reality TV" repetitive, phoney format which is actually about as "real" as chickenshit turning into gold bullion. (You just have to swill it in your mouth for a week, then it happens! Sure. sure it does...

5. Default  
    I still love the plain ol' gothic manor stuff.. and vampires.. vampires are sexay!
    And ghosts..and monsters.. and pirates. and paranormal.. and mad scientists .. and.. and.. oh heck.. I love it ALL!
    I guess my least fav would have to be the hillbilly/redneck thing.. in Georgia..
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

6. Default  
    I like carnival/circusey things a lottttttt. Like, sideshow style deformities and stuff are creepy on their own, and fake pickled punks...and clowns. Just because it's so easy/entertaining to pick on coulrophobes. Oh and everyone's encountered some creepy fair employees at some point, so traditional carny workers are good.

Second favorite is probably hospital/asylum stuff....with too many questionable looking strange instruments everywhere. haha

7. Exclamation  
    Old traveling circus is my runner up! So many ideas to run with.. Thanks for all the responses.

8. Default  
    i think it'd be SO much fun to start up a fair, but market it as an old school "traditional carnival"......and still have all the regular fair stuff, like carosels/questionable rides/cotton candy/petting zoo and stuff, but then have a sideshow, too. and NOT market it as a haunt for a while and just have people wandering around in circus performer outfits/makeup and clowns and random other creepy things. so people are really at a "haunted carnival" but dont know it.

9. Default Yes! Devolino! 
    That would be much evil fun!
    Misrepresentation, fooling people then watching and listening as they slowly begin to worry about their surroundings and those populating it...
    I get to do such a thing many nights of the year. I sometimes miss this opportunity in the fall when it gets too busy to take the time to cultivate the mood, mess with their expectations, then sucker-punch their mental safety net and their responses mimic frightened clue-less children.
    Yes, it's all shamelessly feeding the ego. I probably have enough reputation "Badges" now to be a full-blown Ego-Scout!
    I'm "comfortable". I don't worry too much about someone possibly writing "Checks" on my Ego Account.
    In the finale everybody laughs, making it all good for all concerned.
    "Fooled Yah! I'm not really Dead!" (Or am I?)
    "Fooled Yah! I'm not really a totally crazy-person!" (Or???)
    You can't ask my old psychiatrist. He was found murdered in his car with his "goods"sliced free and shoved back inside of him. I was told.
    It wasn't My Doing, really it wasn't.
    True story.

Scared Yet?

10. Default  
    I have a house theme based around Texas Chainsaw Maasacre type story line. Its a theme Ive wanted to do for many years now.

But if things work out right next year, I have a new theme that'll will surely grab some major attention next year.

Im keeping my fingers crossed on that for next year.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Thread Information