HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Specialized costuming sources?

1. Default Specialized costuming sources? 
    Anyone have somewhere where they go for vintage or specialized costuming?

I'm specifically looking for civil war right now, but don't really want to pay the prices for reenactor style costumes only to "zombie them up".

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

2. Default  
    I think most everyplace that's retail is going to charge full price. Maybe your best bet is to contact "Sutlers" and ask if they have any damaged/irregular stuff for sale or get on a reenactor's forum and post about what you're looking for.
    Many contemporary styles of clothes can be made to look 'period' with a little alteration too. Gather some reference pix and check out your thrift stores for similar stuff.
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

3. Default  
    For Civil war this is about the cheapest out there that is good quality. Their garb is slightly looked down upon by reenactors but its perfect for haunt costumes. The clothes them selves arent that bad, its the accoutrap tha will kill your budget, but sometimes a little thing like the right spectacles or canteen is what makes it click for the performer, so watch your budget on them, but dont skimp entirely.
    https://www.atlantacutlery.com/s-50-...cessories.aspx

4. Default  
    At Kennywood we had a civil war section of the hunt and the costumes we wanted were out of our budget. Some one gave me some advise to start searching vintage shops and militia posts. When you leave the city areas, all them rumors you hear about PA are true. I got very lucky and was able to pick up parts for clothing here and there at these locations. As for canteens and hats were all bought new and aged, just about every one preferred the boot covers (it was cold), and every thing else was covered in blood. What was really cool about these costumes is that every year they looked and smelled more authentic, lol .
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Thread Information