HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Vines, vines and more vines

1. Default Vines, vines and more vines 
    Anyone have a good technique for making vines that can be used outdoors?

Scouring the woods for real ones are out of the question so I realize I may have to end up buying them from Oak Island or some other vendor.

I have a good number of enthusiastic volunteers that will need some "bench work" to do, so I thought this may be a good project.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
    Nick Collins
    SEE-NICK-DESIGN
    Themed Entertainment Design and Creative Direction

http://www.seenickdesign.com

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Watch out for poison ivy vines!
    Really big, old poison ivy plants can have a woody vine and climb trees (and peek in your window, starting gossip about you?)
    I was given this advice many years ago by an expert in all "woodsie" sort of things.
    I was thinking how neat it would be to transplant one of the big vines and have it in part of my house..WRONG!!

3. Default  
    I've seen some thinner versions at Hobby Lobby and Michael's. If you're looking for the size that Tarzan swings from, you're probably better off going with an order from a prop studio.

4. Default  
    Yes "Michael's craft stores" sell's them.
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.com

5. Default  
    take some old garden hose, using gloves, smear latex all over it to give a nice uneven texture then, while the latex is still sticky, put on some leaves from cheap plastic plants...looks great, is very durable and cheap..
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Then when the customers think they are vines, you can put some compressed air through the old hose and it becomes a hidden "snake"!
    "It's an invisible snake! The absolutely worst kind!"

7. Default  
    Damn - never thought of fake vines....!!

But is damn easy to grow real ones. Too late for this year though need to start your crop in March!

I have been growing mine for years! I grow nasturtiums. The best part is the massive jungle like size of the leaves and they grow up to 40 feet long (in my garden at least) and have orange flowers also depending on variety. Splish spash also has whit spashes on the leaves which 'glow' under black light.

I hang them from the ceiling and people have to walk through them. The vines are so brittle that they snap off rather than pull the false chicken wire ceiling down. Makes a bit of mess but who cares ;-)

8. Default hmm 
    Take rope...undo the rope...dunk in latex

Thread Information