HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: On TV last October,Redo at Thrillvania

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    That's awesome Allen! I didn't realize you were involved in this project too... SWEET! Congratulations on a job well done my friend!

Kel

Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

2. Default  
    Thanks for the nice words guys!...and thanks for letting me know about this thread Kel!...miss you buddy! It has been forever since I was last on the HW forums.

The Cassandra's renovation was a really fun project, especially having the DIY team out there the whole month-month and a half I was out there. I did all of the design and project management of the renovation, which meant I was able to pull in a lot of very talented people (including Allen!) to bring my designs to life. It was a great team effort, and I actually recruited several people (including Allen! ) for the project from the HW forum.

I've seen a LOT of other 3D haunts out there, and this one definitely ranks up there with the best of them, if not the best (patting self on back LOL). In all seriousness, I was very honored to be selected for the project, and am very proud of what we accomplished there at Thrillvania. It was one of eight different haunts my design company was heavily involved with in 2010, and Steve is one of my favorite people in the industry to work with.

I was able to check out a ton of other friends' haunts in the area while I was out there which were all amazing, including House of Torment, Reindeer Manor, 13th Street Morgue, Dungeon of Doom, Zombie Manor, and Dallas ScareGrounds. I really wanted to check out my good friends D'Ann Dagen and Todd James' places, but time wouldn't allow. Big thanks for all your guys' hospitality, and HUGE thanks to Kathryn DeSautell for being my "personal driver" for all those fun trips! You rock girl!!!

Currently I am working on a year-round 3D funhouse type attraction near West Palm Beach FL that will ramp it up for October into a haunted attraction. Is there anyone here on the forums that lives near there interested in getting involved? If so, send me an email offlist to Dan@ThemedAttractionDesign.com .

Thanks!

3. Talking  
    Was totally my pleasure Dan the man...and you'll just have to come back to catch the other haunts we missed! (I just had lunch with D'Ann last week).

Oh wait...maybe I should just move to W.Palm!!! lol!

Thanks for the link-I don't get DIY so this will be a treat

Kathryn

4. Default  
    Luv ya girl!...can't wait to get out that way again!

5. Default  
    Dan,

Are you coming to the haunt show this year? I hope you decide to do the Darkness haunt tour so you can see our 3D haunted house... I think you will be ummm blown away! And I mean that as we've added this dynamite scene where you will be ahhh BLOWN AWAY! LOL

We have done things in the new Terror Visions no other haunt I've ever seen has even tried to do... we are really trying to push Terror Visions and squeeze 3D for whats its worth.

Tough!

I don't know how long we can keep a 3D haunt as part of Darkness but we are trying our best to take what we have, reinvent and then go over the top... I think we've done that yet again!

Personally and maybe its just me but there is NO better 3D haunt anywhere, but as they always say its just an matter of opinion! We've got an incredible crew of 3D painters working on Terror Visions doing the best art we've ever had,and doing some twists and turns that will really be eye openers for some people!

Again I hope you come and check it out! Good luck with your other projects! Congrats on the DIY thing... nice job!

Larry

6. Default  
    Thanks Larry...much appreciated! I'll be at TW...wouldn't miss it...will be my 15th consecutive TW show.

I know what you mean..."best" is in the eye of the beholder. We did several things that had never been done in a 3D haunt, including 3D video and some other innovative practical effects that turned out sweet in the 3D. I also came up with a new audio concept for them that has never been done in ANY haunt. I applied some of these things to two other 3D attractions I worked on last year also. Another thing I did that I really think a lot of people miss out on with 3D shows, was to design it for scares first, 3D gimmicks second. So many 3D haunts I see are not that scary, but Cassandra's is over the top.

I'll look for Darkness tour info on the TW site to see how much it is...I would love to go, but don't know if I'll be able to afford it or not yet on top of the big expense of the show. I would really like to see what you have done with the Lemp also...as you know, back in the day, the original Haunted Caverns of the Lemp Brewery was one of the haunts that I grew up in. Hopefully you are doing it justice!

7. Default  
    3D Music, with polarized Ear muffs? Or old school where one ear muff is red and the other ear muff is blue?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

8. Default  
    Dan,

As for Lemp... well I would say its better than the original in terms of props and stuff but its NOT great ... YET! As you know the atmophere in there is really second to NO HAUNT probably in the country.

You coudln't buy that atmosphere if you wanted to its just so awesome!

I take NO credit for the location ... LOL!

Lemp is a haunt we plan on doing a lot with before Halloween 2011 just NOT before this year show because we just put way too much effort into Darkness AGAIN!

I can only say this The Darkness and Terror VIsions are two of the best in the field you couldn't find but a handful of haunts that could match either for what they are especially in terms of theming and effects.

We have poured and I think I got this right... about ONE MILLION dollars into the attractions over the last three TW shows... that figure doesn't even include building the new building which was another $700,000.00.

So if you haven't seen it over the past three years you haven't seen anything... its like Disney World in here now.

This show and the pressure of this show is good and bad... good because it pushes you to push the envolope to show exactly what you can do, what other could do and really help this industry to see there is endless possibilites.

Bad because its been a money pit, it takes advantage of my worst foe...spending money on doing stuff I don't need. I can't help myself, I just keep thinking of another thing we can do! Its also bad because its very very very stressful knowing everyone in the industry is going to knit pick the place to death and you just don't want anything going wrong.

So you should come without a doubt!

Lastly as for 3D Haunts... I think our haunt is built for scares it has plenty plus the theme alone is scary. People hate clowns. Additionally we have all sorts of audio effects in the attractions which include triggered audio for actors to make the actors look like they are saying things like a clown. We have done all sorts of video effects in our haunts before anyone has ever done so... we did all that CGI stuff with Spiderman and got hooked on video effects, now it seems like some people have made whole business out of selling video effects.

We have about 50 video illusions CGI effects in our collection probably about 200,000 worth ... we use it here in there in our haunts but we started doing that back in or around 2000. We use a lot of that stuff for our attractions we build but inside The Darkness we are using I think... 10 or so maybe. Not sure. We talked about having Kip make us one for Terror Visions with something squirting water on you...maybe later.

I don't know what you did but I'm sure it was cool.

When I get a chance I will watch your video.

Again hope you come out to see the event. Terror Visions visually is overwhelming!!!! There is NOT an inch that isn't themed and what we've done this year with the art is crazy. Come on out!

Larry

Thread Information