HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Haunt Variety Acts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Haunt Variety Acts? 
    Hey All!

I was wondering about variety acts that you guys hire or perform yourselves at your haunt? I would like to gain more stuff at my haunts. I have the nail to the nose down, and being a professional level juggler I juggle knives and I wanted to hear what other people do/would think would look cool at a haunt.

Thanks!
    Bobby

2. Default  
    I really want a barbershop quatet of grave diggers that walk aound to each que line and sing a song then go hit the next que, I have about four heavy ques and a stage that they could bounce between and I think it could be a world of fun.
    Allen

3. Default  
    Great idea Allen!

The Sweet refrain's of;

"Sweet Dead Gal O' Mine
    Sweet Dead Gal O' Mine
    I dun shot ya dead
    and dumped ya in a mine...,

Oh Dear Sweet Gall of Mine..,"

Think of the beautiful Harmonies!
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

4. Default  
    Good one Allen, wide range of play in that one.

5. Default  
    We had a magician this year and we've had a local musician play for us before. I'm hoping to continue my juggling skills during this off season... I wanna juggle eyeballs.

Catie Mahfouz
    Blood Ink Writing Service
    www.hauntwriter.com

6. Default  
    LOL! I love that Allen. I'll put the Craigslist ad up now!

And Catie; if you want help with juggling, I've been juggling for most of my life (since I was in Kindergarten...I was horrible..but it was a start!) and can lend a hand with advice, techniques, tricks, and/or products. It is so much fun! Have you seen these in action yet? http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=155 I think they would be GREAT to use on stage (outside obviously).

Does anyone have creepy tricks or entertainment ideas? I want to improve my stuff and come up with some more unique and disturbed entertainment.

7. Default  
    wickedhaunt Guest
    i agree with posting an ad in your area. during our regular auditions we found our que line entertainment. we had a guy who would eat and breath fire put nails up his nose and staple random objects the audience had in their pockets to his body. so never under estimate your local freaks you might find someone looking to showcase their talents.

8. Default  
    OMG! Those are the best! I think you just sold that to me in a major way! I would love some tips/advice. Anything to further my skills and make an entertaining show!

Catie Mahfouz
    Blood Ink Writing Service
    www.hauntwriter.com

9. Default  
    Really? That seems like a freak goldmine! (and I mean freak in the absolutely nicest way possible lol, I would consider it a compliment haha).

And Catie, you have my email or you can pm me with any questions. I can try and make some video tutorials if you need them, and on YouTube I'd suggest subscribing to CTJUGGLES. I don't know him personally, but I subscribe and he has a million videos ranging from how-to's to just entertaining vids. I find it useful when trying to pick up new tricks, even though he usually only juggles balls, clubs and rings, not torches or eyeballs or fireballs, but it's the same concept

10. Default  
    We have used fire spinners for the last few years and our customers seem to love it. We use fire good productions here in Columbia Mo. but I'm sure there are other spinners out there in your areas.
    Greg
    Fearfest

Thread Information