HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Favorite effects?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Favorite effects? 
    Hey all!

I'm posting this here because I feel it's the only safe place anymore lol. I want to get back to talking and reading things about haunts! So I figured what better way than to have us share our favorite effects that we use or have seen in other haunts that we just thought were cool or enjoyed.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the bottomless pit illusion, can hold up the line at times, but it is very cool when you try and have people walk over a plank across a "bottomless pit" haha. That and when 3-D haunts splatter the floors so even the floor is 3-D, that always makes it an even better experience!

What about you guys?

2. Default effect 
    Anybody have a good tutorial on creating the bottomless pit. I wanted to do it next year in my haunt. Im too new to have a favorite effect. I like them all.LOL

3. Default  
    It's a really easy illusion! You just need a small room, a 4'long by 6' wide is good enough, paint the walls a solid black if you are in a pitch black themed haunt, or put a stone pattern on or any other dark but continuous pattern along the entire length of every wall, and you can use flat carnival mirror (www.carnivalmirror.com) or plexiglass (i think) as a floor. Some people use a plank on the ground that you can screw or glue on depending on how you're set up, or you can put circular stumps of sorts that they actually have to "hop" to (even though it's just more like walking but shhh...let's pretend!)

I wanted to post a picture of one but I can't seem to find it in my endless abyss of pictures on my computer, if I ever come across it I'll post it for you lol.

4. Default  
    Iím a fan of CGI effects that interact with a room and the patron.

5. Default Favorite effect 
    I love working with fog, and the crazy effects it has with lighting and our guests. We are heavy users of Froggy Fog's swamp juice, and yes, there is a huge difference. One of our haunts, Sinister Circus, is an entire haunt devoted to heavy smoke effects and optical illusions with both the classic illusions and some cutting edge tricks.
    Second, there is always room for falling objects, falling walls, and other overhead scares. One of our falling walls just drops customers to their knees. These are the most important to be sure that you get 'that guy' that doesn't get scared.
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

6. Default  
    I personally love the giant puppets that netherworld uses. I was eaten twice! I also really enjoy overhead effects of all types. It's easy to get use to things coming from ahead, sides, and even behind. But you add below or above, that's a whole new ballgame.

Catie Mahfouz
    Blood Ink Writing Service
    www.hauntwriter.com

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntChick View Post
    It's easy to get use to things coming from ahead, sides, and even behind. But you add below or above, that's a whole new ballgame.
    When I used to act, those are the two scares I would emphasize!! Scare em from below and there is NOWHERE they can go!!! Scare them from above and they hit the floor!!! My two favorite scares.

...about the bottomless pit effects try: http://hauntproject.com/projdetail.a...tomless%20Pits -- there is also a really good article in the last haunt world mag on bottomless pits and endless hallways.
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

8. Default  
    I love the laser lagoon room effect and I also really like sets where the actor is camoflauged and gets a good startle because they never knew he was there.

9. Default  
    I'm in the process of making a ghillie suit... Love

Catie Mahfouz
    Blood Ink Writing Service
    www.hauntwriter.com

10. Default  
    I think once people started posting I remembered how much I liked those effects and I'm glad I started this an didn't hop in, I don't think I'd be able to choose after all of this. Lol.

And legendsofthefog, I would love to see that haunt. I love when haunts surround you in fog, it just makes it more fun. I love Froggy's Fog their swamp juice is the best, I have a ton of it on hand all the time lol. Their fast dissipating fog is also really cool for stuff for quick bursts.... I did get a new toy for Christmas and it's a fog gun, really cool! It's black light reactive and shoots perfect fog rings a pretty good distance. Yes, I definitely plan on using it with my character.

Wait wait wait...Netherworld has plant puppets that EAT you?? I need to get out more often.

Thread Information