HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Favorite effects?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Yea, there's three different times that they have giant puppets attack you. one of them missed me because i'm a ninja... the other two got me. One of them actually had me up against a wall and i couldn't go anywhere... thanks to keegan...

Catie Mahfouz
    Blood Ink Writing Service
    www.hauntwriter.com

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntChick View Post
    Yea, there's three different times that they have giant puppets attack you. one of them missed me because i'm a ninja... the other two got me. One of them actually had me up against a wall and i couldn't go anywhere... thanks to keegan...
    a ninja? or a BLACK ninja?!! hahaha...sorry, insider
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
    a ninja? or a BLACK ninja?!! hahaha...sorry, insider
    a black ninja. but keegan's anything but a ninja, so he blocked my quick escape. He's more like a tall knight in heavy loud armor...

Big puppets = awesome scare

Catie Mahfouz
    www.hauntwriter.com

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    I love the laser lagoon room effect and I also really like sets where the actor is camoflauged and gets a good startle because they never knew he was there.
    This is a really cool one...was done very well at Necropolis in Columbia where trees came down from ceiling to meet at the laser plane (giving hideouts for the actors, although I could see being dangerous for the actor at times). The people I was walking through even called out that there would be someone under the laser plane...and it still got them. That was also one of the coolest things I though on the Nightmare Factory special when they showed the suits that were painted like the walls...a fresh takeoff on the old "dot guy" trick.

I personally really like when there is some kind of production to an act instead of just walk by startle/popout scares...while this isnt quite as easy to pull off at high volume haunts...I like when you get more show to go with the scare. Lots of good skits like that at Haunted Hoochie.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

5. Default My Favorites.... 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    When people here are all saying, "We are in the basement now." Or:"We must be in that wine cellar now...wait! Are those stars up there? we are outside!"
    I have had So Many people say this over the years..and really I don't know why?
    So effect huh? And I'm not doing it! (I hate to say they are not smart enough to know where they are when it's obvious...)
    My personally invented scare is when I defy convention and a silent arendage comes over a wall(you Have to make a sound to scare don't you?) NO! I think the silence is much scarier to most people because it keeps one more of their senses from helping to determine what is happening, just like having your vision obstructed makes us worry all the more.

6. Default  
    Okay.....now I KNOW I REALLY need to get out more. That's really cool, never thought of giant puppets, time to search for them on YouTube!

No haunts up here have that laser lagoon effect, and I've only seen videos/pictures of it, but I would love to see it in person.

Another effect I liked, although could have been executed a little better, was as a haunt here in CT where it was their last scene and you were separated from your group and sent to your own personal morgue and had to get into an actual pullout body freezer type thing. Was a really cool idea. I just wish I knew I had to get out on my own and roll out the side, it was pitch black and the actors were getting frustrated...guess I wasn't the first one lol! But a great ending nonetheless.

7. Default Bobby! That exit has potential! 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Money-making potential as the small change dumps from their pockets during the rolling!
    (ever so quietly landing upon a carpeted surface, in the dark of course)

8. Default  
    Hahaha, I KNEW I should have felt around to see if I could find a quarter or two!

9. Default  
    I also really enjoyed the vibrating floors. Those really threw me for a loop as I have terrible balance to begin with.

Catie Mahfouz
    www.hauntwriter.com

10. Default  
    Maggie Valley, North Carolina, United States
    I have always like the helivator and or the moving walls as an effect like Netherworld has a spot it is like a gothic archway i think and you walk through both side move. BUT my all time favorit for me is the claustrophobic halls i love them jus twish they did not hold the line up and or be so easy to distroy. other than that i have allways had a thing for a good cave with a blower fan moving air with a scent. thats the one little bits of things hanging form the cieling and the sounds of monsters just around the corner. just my 2 cents.

Thread Information