HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Dead Silence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Dead Silence 
    Has anyone seen Dead Silence (which opens in theaters today)? I'm considering seeing it later this weekend and was wondering what others have to say about it.

Thanks!
    The Haunter's Depot
    www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

2. Default  
    I'm not sure what to think of the main plotline...but I do want to see it solely based on the fact that it's done by the "Saw" guys.

That and most ventriloquist dummies are creepy. LOL.

3. Default  
    IM GOING TO GO SEE IT TONIGHT. I'LL POST HOW IT WAS
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

4. Default  
    I think it looks pretty interesting. I like puppets and ventrilquiest dummies so I am interested. I don't know exactly how big a roll they will play in it though.
    Jared Layman

5. Default  
    This movie was really good! Full of suspense and several moments of scare... plue "Billy" is just creepy as f*ck!

LOVED IT! -Tyler

6. Default  
    I am hoping to see Dead Silence within the next couple of days and may post a review later on. The ventrilloquist dummies look "interesting" to say the least. But they're still not as creepy as Corky in the movie "Magic" starring Anthony Hopkins as the disturbed ventrilloquist.

Corky truly gives me shivers every time I see it in that movie. Especially the one scene when his eyes move ON THEIR OWN :shock: while he's sitting on the couch (Anthony Hopkins is walking back and forth behind the couch not even touching him) truly gave me the creeps! It truly makes one believe that he just might be alive after all!
    The Haunter's Depot
    www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

7. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Ventriloquist dummies scare me too! Especially when they are on TV pretending to be politicians!
    Look real close. See that mouth-line?
    I have always wondered exactly "Who", is making them talk?
    Their wife?
    Their handler?
    Their Sugar Daddy?
    Who is the real deciding mind behind what happens?
    Can't get anymore scary!

8. Default  
    I went and saw this movie last night. I did not like it. It left a lot to be desired. I think the movie had potential but just didn't pull it off.
    Jared Layman

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield
    Can't get anymore scary!
    Ohh sure it can! wait to see mexican politicians... we watch the news and it is like a wicked puppet freak show :lol:

10. Default  
    I finally saw the movie and was a bit disappointed overall. Good special effects and creepy in places, but I could see the ending coming due to a few clues that I picked up along the way. I did, however, get several good ideas for future scenes at my local haunt. 2-1/2 stars out of 5.
    The Haunter's Depot
    www.HauntersDepot.com

Thread Information