HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Wages and Compensation for Employees

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I think this is a great topic and should be explored more. This is somthing that should be discussed, this way we can protect eaech other.

I have not researchd this as of late, but will post if I find any thing.

If anyone does research and come up with anything, let us know!

Mr. Haunt

2. Default  
    Did a little research, but have not found much

http://www.businessmanagementdaily.c...id/Page1.html#

Mr. Haunt

3. Default Wages and Compensation 
    Pro Haunter is correct,
    unless you are a real charity like a 501c3 and registered with the state, you can not use free labor even if you give half your profits away. , The federal law does not allow someone to work for free and you profit off their work, it's exploitation. here in DE, we must provide minimum wages and workmen's Comp insurance.
    The only way around it is to use a non-profit group that gives you labor and you make a donation to that charity for their time, which is almost the same thing as paid labor but not as reliable.
    now, I'm only stating what I was told from meetings we had with our state labor board some years ago. I was also told if we did have volunteers we could be fined $10,000 per worker and back pay.
    This past season we raised $250,000+ for the charity we helped out and we still have 150+ paid actors, not one volunteer.
    frightland.com

Thread Information