HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Bloody, Mangled, Corpsified Bucky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Bloody, Mangled, Corpsified Bucky 
    Here is a corpse I have been working on, it's pretty much done except for the final protective finish. I used a child sized Bucky because it is supposed to be the mangled corpse of a child. I used latex carpet adhesive and fabric on this one to act as the pieces of "flesh". I gave the adhesive a day or two to dry before I started painting it. The paint takes away the tack of the adhesive. To paint it, I used mainly acrylics and latex house paints. Although, over my "flesh" base coat I used some wood stain to give it a nice grimy look. The paints seem to hold pretty well, some of the "blood" started to crack in some areas though, so I switched to a different mix. Before I was just using acrylics mixed to a blood color, but then I changed my medium to Liquitex gloss varnish, which I then pigmented to look like blood. It worked much better because the varnish is flexible. I will be doing a final protective coat over the entire corpse though, to ensure it is sealed properly. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should use to seal the whole corpse? I was just going to airbrush some of the Liquitex varnish over it, but is there anything better? I need something some what flexible, and it would be nice if it had a gloss sheen.

Please let me know what ya think of the Corpse! I made a video because the pics weren't turning out very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sekMIu9wYwk

2. Default  
    Awwwwwwwsome job! I got creeped out just looking at it.... you should do a tutatorial video on you tube on the construction of it would like to build a 2 of these... great job though...

3. Default  
    Very cool! Great job!

4. Default  
    Thanks guys! I actually have the forum members to thank for this, I used a mixture of the techniques that people have been kind enough to post on here. So if you want to know how to make something like this, just search it on the forum, that's what I did!

- Jake

5. Default  

6. Default  
    Thanks. Does anybody know of a glossy, flexible sealer that will work well to protect the whole corpse? I was planning on just airbrushing Liquitex gloss varnish on, but if there is something better I would love to hear.

7. Default  

8. Default  
    Looks awesome! I like it alot... the hands are my fave part I think! Well done!!!

9. Default shalac!!!!! 
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    Shalac................ Ask Larry about Shalac. In his detailing video he joked about doing a dvd on 101 ways of using Shalac. I use it on all the buckys I do in some fassion. Awesome stuff!! Sweet lookn bucky by the way!!
    Last edited by Kelly Anderson; 01-19-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Kelly Anderson
    House of Shadows Sparta Wisconsin
    http://www.house-of-shadows.org/
    Owner-Haunt Your House.net
    http://www.hauntyourhouse.net

10. Default  
    Will shellac stay flexible on the Bucky? I do have some, but it is Amber, I would need to get some that is Clear. If shellac works, wouldn't something like Polyurethane Finish work as well, or do they have different properties?

Thread Information