HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Introduction

1. Default Introduction 
    Hello all. My name's Karl and I'm starting a trailer haunt this year in NEPA. I've been doing yard haunts for a few years and this past year I did my first trailer for halloween night. Everything went great and as to be expected, I can't get next year out of my head. I'm a total newbie when it comes to professional haunts and am excited I found this forum to soak up info and provide some where I can.
    I don't mean to ramble, but one question of many I had was I'm interested in going to a convention this spring and thought Transworld would be a good choice. Could I get in there only being a start-up? Work wants vacation requests and I was going to put in for the time.

Thankyou in advance,

2. Default  
    Contact a vendor you like or have purchased from and ask them for an invite.
    Allen H

3. Default  
    Here are the Transworld requirements, and they aren't too difficult to fulfill:

If you are an Owner/Operator, you must provide one of the following:

* Copy of your Business License
    * Copy of your Resale Tax Certificate
    * Verification of Tax Exempt Status

AND one of the following:

* Copy of Yellow Pages listing for your business
    * Your business ad from a Trade Publication
    * Copy of your lease agreement for retail business
    * An Imprinted business check or credit card
    * Invoices totaling more than $200 from your suppliers
    * A company catalog
    * A flyer or promotional piece for your business
    * An invitation letter from a current exhibitor

If you are NOT an Owner/Operator, you must provide one of the following:

* Copy of Payroll Check/Stub with your Name and Company Name Imprinted
    * Business Card with your Name and Company Name Imprinted
    * Letter From OWNER/OPERATOR verifying employment
    * Industry Related invoices over $200
    * An invitation letter from a current Exhibitor
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

4. Default  
    Hey welcome to the headache, hair pullin, sleepless, and nerve rackin hobby of professional haunting.....transworld is a great place to go but rember that there is a ton of stuff there that you will not need at this time since you are new to professional haunts but you will get a tremendous amount of knowledge about whats out there and you can set your haunt up to incorporate some of those ideas eac year you go....also number one pointer and it has helped allot of people,,,go to the Renaissance Hotel across the street from the show and go to the bar at about 8-9pm and mingle with guys and gals there they are all great and will talk with you about anything you need info on.....Allen ans Shane have answered many a question about haunting....rip

5. Default And.... 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    If a drunk haunter fondles your Wife or girlfriend, we all know who is and he's probably not that drunk, he's just showing you and yours what a good actor he is.
    Feel free to punch him out since I've already given you this "heads-Up".
    You're Welcome.

6. Default  
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking foward to it all if I can get my foot in the door. I'm trying to decide the best way to register the business being that it's anything but traditional. This is where being a truck driver instead of a business man is affecting things.

P.S. if anyone wants to hit on my wife feel free; but I can't be held responsible for what she does to them

7. Default Thanks 
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    Contact a vendor you like or have purchased from and ask them for an invite.
    Allen H
    Thanks Allen. Hey, could I get a copy of that airbrush document I've been reading about?

info@trufearproductions.com

Thread Information