HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Getting Email Addresses To Market

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. Default  
    #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    625
    This functionality would have to be built into the website. It can be done in several ways. The most simple way to do this would be to have a form that the user fills out which generates an email containing the information. The info would then be manually entered into a database or spreadsheet, etc. An other option would be to have the website automatically take the information from the form and enter it into a database. This is the more costly option since coding would be required to integrate the database with the website.
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House
     

  2. Default  
    #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWerxKMG
    This functionality would have to be built into the website. It can be done in several ways. The most simple way to do this would be to have a form that the user fills out which generates an email containing the information. The info would then be manually entered into a database or spreadsheet, etc. An other option would be to have the website automatically take the information from the form and enter it into a database. This is the more costly option since coding would be required to integrate the database with the website.
    But, what would entice them to even leave their email address? A prize of some sort?
     

  3. Default  
    #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    625
    I've seen several haunt sites that require the entry of an email address in order to receive a discount coupon. But then again, you can't be sure they are entering a vaild email address. Larry does this on his Scarefest.Com site http://www.scarefest.com/main.php?id=sdiscounts
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House
     

  4. Default  
    #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Newburgh, NY
    Posts
    42
    We require an email address for our customers to receive a coupon on our website. All we use is a simple form with no more then three quick questions, an option if they would like to receive future mailings, and a valid email address. We use an auto responder email account for coupons so if the address they supply is valid then they receive the coupon instantly in their inbox.
     

  5. Default  
    #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWerxKMG
    I've seen several haunt sites that require the entry of an email address in order to receive a discount coupon. But then again, you can't be sure they are entering a vaild email address. Larry does this on his Scarefest.Com site http://www.scarefest.com/main.php?id=sdiscounts
    There ya go! So, in order to get a coupon, you have to fill in the form. That's good!
     

  6. Default  
    #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyny
    We require an email address for our customers to receive a coupon on our website. All we use is a simple form with no more then three quick questions, an option if they would like to receive future mailings, and a valid email address. We use an auto responder email account for coupons so if the address they supply is valid then they receive the coupon instantly in their inbox.
    kennyny, do you have a URL you can share so that I may look at your form? Where can I find such an "auto responder email account" ?
     

  7. Default  
    #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Corona CA
    Posts
    512
    This is the Autoresponder I use
    http://www.GetResponse.com/index/55656

    If you go to my new website http://midnighteviltv.com
    you can see how it works.

    The form on my site was made with a tool on
    http://www.GetResponse.com/index/55656
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek
     

  8. Default  
    #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Corona CA
    Posts
    512
    The best way to get people to give you there email address is to
    have them sign for a free newsletter. Your AR (autoresponder) will send
    it out for you when ever you like (every day, once a week, once a month or what ever)
    Just set up your AR with your newsletter and it sends it out for you (set it and forget it)

    With a newsletter sent, say every other week, you will be on the minds of your list
    all year long. Then when it's time to promote your haunt just go to your AR and send your ad
    to your list

    I'm creating a newsletter of ghost stories to go out every other week. If anyone would
    like to use this on there website to collect email address let me know. I can help you
    set up your AR with the newsletter on it.

    You can email me if your interested. I should have It ready by the first of the month.
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek
     

  9. Default  
    #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,738
    That's pretty sweet, Midnight Evil! Someone's been busy.
     

  10. Default  
    #20
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Very cool Gary! I'm reviewing the website right now and it looks like an excellent tool! I was just reading the following:

    Payment Plan Price You save

    Monthly $17.95 -
    Quarterly $47.85 $6
    Semi-Annually $87.70 $20
    Annually $145.40 $70

    The above plans include unlimited mailings to up to 10,000 subscribers. For every additional 5,000 subscribers, an extra $4.50 per month will be charged, in arrears, after 30 days. I figured this is probably a question many will be ineterested in knowing the answer to and it took me a while to find the information on the FAQ site. Seems like a great deal!

    Kel
     

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •